Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-14-2008, 05:16 AM
and Fozzie B!

My parents fed Nutro to all of our dogs, for years. I remember when I was little (probably 3 or 4) and I thought it was funny that we were feeding our dog, Max, Nutro "Max"! hehe. I used to call it "Max cereal".

We adopted Gonzo when I was 13, and he was the first dog that was "mine" more than the family's. He was fed Nutro Natural Choice until he was about 1... I started upgrading from there. He was fed Solid Gold Hund-N-Flocken for a year or two after Nutro, then I switched to Canidae, then Innova Evo and a few equivalent brands, then I switched him to Raw right before I adopted Fozzie, when Gonzo was about 5. He has been fed 90% Raw (with occasional TOTW/Timberwolf/Natural Balance/Orijen) for the past 2 years.

Fozzie was fed Natural Balance at his foster home, and he ate that for the first week I had him. He was a very picky puppy, and never finished his NB even with wet added, so I switched him cold turkey to Raw at 9-ish weeks. He took to it like he a fish to water, and he has been doing wonderfully ever since! : )

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 04-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Top Dog

We fed Nutro Natural Choice for years, then sometime in 2005 we switched to California Natural, and then to Canidae (because it works better for Winston). Now we feed Canidae to Winston, and Orijen to all the others, as well as raw for Dance.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 04-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Water Junkie

Lizzie came to me on Pedigree dry and wet. Ick. Then switched her to PMI High Pro. After coming here I switched all dogs to Canidae. Now Lizzie eats EVO/TOTW

Blaze came to me eating Exclusive Puppy. I slowly switched him over to Innova Puppy - and thats what he's eating now.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-15-2008, 10:43 AM
treehugging clicker freak

Maddie was on eukanuba when she was younger... I now feed Canidae, have feed (and really liked) EVO, and just recently switched to TOTW. Oh, and also occasionally raw

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 04-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Big Dog

Brattina - how do you like TOTW? It's such a great food, I'm glad to hear more people are feeding it.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm All Ears

Shack and Pete got table scraps/Pedigree (I kid you not)

The shelties have all had Science Diet, then ProPlan.

Then we fed Canidae, then California Natural (which we still have some on), Wellness (for Nikki), and Innova EVO Small Bites (Summer).
Old 04-19-2008, 10:43 PM
Pres. Of Gutter Club.....

Mine started on Purina Dog chow, then pro plan, then Diamond Naturals Lamb and rice, now we mix the diamond equally with Evo RM

I know the secret handshake!!![
Nolu's mindsoap ... known by all not used by many...
Chat is amazing for this reason....
[darkchild16] I love my stick
[TheWonderPuppies] does it have batteries
[TheWonderPuppies] *ducks*
[darkchild16] OH GOD I DID NOT MEANT HAT
Old 04-20-2008, 06:17 AM
Your Mom

The very first thing Wally ate while under my care was Wellness. We didn't even make it through a bag of that crap. Then we were on Euk Low Res, and only because I was having trouble stopping up the butt faucet that the Wellness developed. Once he had formed stool we switched to Nature's Variety Prairie for a couple of bags and slowly worked our way up to raw.

He's now on raw and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Oldham's Goddess of War CGC, PSA1, CL1-F "Teeny"
Connors' Baloo CGC, TT "Blue"
Old 04-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Top Dog

We did and still feed *vomits* pedigree canned and science diet dry.

The minute we move out, we're switching to primarily raw, with maybe some Canidae kibble as well.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Aging Canine Advocate

when i was a kid, we fed whatever the heck was on sale at the grocery store.

Then I got a job at a holistic pet food store. Yeah. No more cheapo crap food.

The lowest food we sold was Chicken Soup, so that's what my dogs ate.

Then I found out one of mine was allergic to chicken, so then started my zooming around from food to food. Currently they eat Nature's Recipe Lamb and Rice, but we've done Diamond Naturals, Wellness (massive diarrhea from sheepdog and the older girls had problems with it), Merrick Wilderness Blend (they loved it, I can't afford it), Nature's Variety, Nutro Natural Choice L&R and Dental....

my Blossom gets a tablespoon of Innova 95% duck in her kibble or she turns into a sack of bones. On occasion I treat them all to a can of Merrick.

Treat-wise, i still feed pretty much the same. As long as I treat myself to junk like cheetos, banana splits, and candy bars, I figure the dogs can have the doggie equivalent (their fave being breath busters, but they also love dried duck tenders). But I don't give treats very often anyway. Just call me stingy momma!
Popper's Agility T-Shirts - dog agility, flyball, disc dog, and other dog sports, including breed specific gifts.