Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-08-2005, 07:16 AM
Love my pets

I love my pets too. I've gotten the comments too about not coming by because of all of the pets and because there's too much barking when they arrive. Do they realize that they want some attention and are just trying to say "hello"? I couldn't imagine not coming in the door and being greeted by all of them.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:02 AM
Top Dog

I am very weird too Remember that thread I posted about 'what do people think about your dogs'? Well they think I'm crazy to have got a second one, and I still haven't dared telling my mom I did (it's been 2 weeks... I don't know how I'm going to tell her that).

But I'm the same about cats. My pets are by far my favorite subject of conversation...
Old 07-08-2005, 09:16 AM

Well, welcome to the world of the strange people! My kids tease me, too...they say I got Addie (the girl) just like the order of them, Ham (the boy) and that I am weirdly doting. LOL That's ok, they kid..but are very accepting of my pet obsession. I've learned who to talk 'dog' to, and who not. My family thinks we are crazy...Heaven forbid I talk about the dogs, then we are REALLY crazy. That's ok, too. LOL I simply don't care. I'm crazy in love with my dogs...so what! LOL I prefer them to people (the only exception is my hubby and kids..lol) they are my daily companions and friends. So.........is that weird??? Who gives a hoot!
Old 07-08-2005, 09:21 AM
no touchy

Welcome to Chazhound the Dog Forum for Oddballs! We're all obsessed with our pets (as far as I know we all are).
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:23 AM
K-9 lover ;)

I get that alot because my little guy comes to work with me everyday. Actually, he goes everywhere with me. My fiance and I consider them our children. It is becoming more and more common and people are being to accept it. You will always have some that consider us all "weird".
RIP my sweet baby....
Rudy - 15 year old dalmation/lab mix
Old 07-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Top Dog

well...call me a B****, but if i had to save a dog or a stranger from drowning, id pick the dog.LOL unless its a child...i cant fall asleep without my dogs by my side, which is hard, cus we only have a queen size bed but i still manage to have them next to me, and my grumpy husband LOL.so i think im the weird one .OH AND TO OTHER PEOPLE ITS WEIRD, BUT I THINK TO US K9 OWNERS ITS NORMAL
Old 07-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb04
I love my pets too. I've gotten the comments too about not coming by because of all of the pets and because there's too much barking when they arrive. Do they realize that they want some attention and are just trying to say "hello"? I couldn't imagine not coming in the door and being greeted by all of them.
LOL! Barb, I would much rather come to your house and have that than walk into someone's quiet, no-pet house. I love animals coming to greet me at the door. If Brady is asleep upstairs and does not greet me, it makes me sad. I love a happy faced wagging tail dog coming to greet me. Even my cat sometimes sits in the window and watches for me and then greets me at the door.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Felurian

LOL! Michaela, my family knows I'd bring the dogs - and cat - out first . . . I owe them that. The family wouldn't get me out first and we all know it - I've never been first on the list with them. The animals would come for me no matter what.

As far as the guest thing goes, anyone who comes here is so grateful not to be eaten by these monsters that they're relieved by the friendlines, lol! And anyone who knows me well enough to visit me knows better than to suggest the dogs be banished . . . after all, this is the dogs' home . . .

And yes, I DO take the dogs places with me. I'll take mine anywhere someone else would take their toy breed. You can see the light go on in peoples' head when I explain that after they've looked at me strangely for walking in somewhere with a 130 pound dog on a leash, lol! Then they remark on how much better manners mine have than most of their other doggy visitors.

One of my favorite places to take them is when I go to vote. There are always those people hanging around outside the polling place trying to glad-hand you and get your vote at the last minute, but they don't bother me at all . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-08-2005, 10:37 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I cant sleep without them either..fortunately jim always understood and it wasn't an issue..he slept on one side, and Bronki on the other..they both snored and it was kinda funny sometimes. Thank goodness for big beds and the fact that i don't take up much room or toss and turn. As far as company goes..depends on the company. If it is someone that isn't comfortable with animals then yes i put them away..and have a nice visit without interuption..that goes for customers too..but if it is old friends then the dogs are as happy to see them as i am and there are no problems. I almost always shut them in the bedroom for the first few minutes until all is calm one way or the other..so people can get comfortable, it is like turning off the tv when someone gets comes..i don't get company very often and really appriciate it when i do. If the dogs can go with me and the weather isn't too hot to be in the car..we are a pack..i love being able to take them into the garden center and places..i am proud of the way they behave and how people relate to them...and i ADORE work dogs..how many people here take their dogs to work each day? what a wonderful wonderful thing to be able to do..there is absolutely nothing better then a good work dog.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,