Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Big German Shepherd

I have to stick with Jason on this one as well. Labradoodles have been pretty popular as of late. I see this breed becoming one of it's own VERY soon. And you don't know how well this guy takes care of the Labradoodles... he could be better than most of the normal pure-bred dog breeders.

And if his neighbor has one then Jason has seen it and therefore knows how it acts. If he was aggressive, had terrible behavior, or always acted angrily toward Jason, do you really think he'd be that dumb as to buy it?

There are a lot of mixes that I wouldn't mind seeing become a breed of it's own... one that comes to mind is a Rottweiler/GSD mix... I saw one and thought it was quite beautiful...

I don't believe Jason's in the wrong.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:46 PM
no touchy

The problem is that 99% of these doodle and poo breeds are irresponsible. They have 0% interest interest in having these dogs accepted by the AKC as a breed other than for the fact that it'd be nice to be able to list their dogs as AKC registered because many people view AKC registered as valuable, healthy, and well behaved.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:46 PM
no touchy

Oh, and just as a note...Jason isn't a breeder, that site is where he is thinking of purchasing from.
Just sleeping.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27
I did read the site.
No, I don't think you did. I think you just saw the home page. It's hard to find the link to the site but it's there. Try www.labradoodle.com. It's got to be the most informative site on the web for labradoodles. It talk about everything including diet, conditions, and GENETIC TESTING. Let me know if I'm still mistaken.

Again, just because they write it doesn't make it so, but at least they know what they're talking about.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:53 PM
no touchy

Jason, what do you have against rescuing one of these dogs?
Just sleeping.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
I'm asking that you reanswer those few questions because your answers were very simple and didn't really explain.
My answers were simple because I don't feel I need to talk about money. But if you must know, my wife and I have a very nice household income. As far as our dog goes, money is no object when it comes to the best health care, diet, toys, training, and day care. I'm prepared to spend whatever it takes for a wonderful, well adjusted dog. Ya dig?
Old 07-08-2005, 03:58 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I do have to say that Jason doesn't seem like an idiot or a total moron. He did say he has been doing a lot of research. I think that is more than most people do when they go get a dog. I mean at least he is making an effort to get a dog that suits his lifestyle.

i think everyone is being a little to hard on Jason. I'm sure he is a very smart and responsible person.

I think you should give the guy a little credit and not just assume that he is stupid and doesn't know what he is doing.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:59 PM
no touchy

I am NOT assuming he is stupid, I asked him to reanswer the questions because his answers did not give me enough information to understand if a dog would be suitable for him.
Just sleeping.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:06 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

but in all honesty its not your place to decide if a dog is suitable for him. he has done the research and he believes that he will be able to care for the dog in every way that is needed. I agree with him for not wanting to discuss his financial situation with you. That is really not your business and I hope he wasn't offended that you asked him. It seems that he feels the need to defend himself here and he should not have to feel that way.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:08 PM
no touchy

I'm not asking him to, I simply want to know if he is capable of feeding the dog a high-quality food, bringing the dog to regular vet visits, and bringing the dog to a reputable professional trainer.
Just sleeping.
Closed Thread