Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 07-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Top Dog

Maybe you think I am older or something.... but I'm twelve, so I live in my parents house.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie1234
I would love to own a pit but sadly my mom is afraid of them... My dad and I try to convince her that it's a loving breed but my mom refuses. Instead I am going to get a Harrier. Do you have a picture of your Boxer/Pit, ashlees? Those two breeds are my favorite...
i'm not "ashlees" but i have a pit/boxer mix. here is the pic

Old 07-11-2005, 08:47 PM
no touchy

I love pits. They are more dog-aggressive, but they're great dogs. My Aunt rescued a couple of pit/boxer mixes a few years ago. They're gone now though.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Top Dog

Wow, a pit/boxer mix is beautiful
Old 07-11-2005, 11:15 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I know you're not older. It's just maybe if she was to see the dog and fall in love with it before finding out it was a pit her mind would be changed. My mom HATES dog, and PITS especially, but she likes our dog and she doesn't know he is a pit. If you brought home a pit puppy would she know right away it was a pit?

Old 07-11-2005, 11:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefurry
I know you're not older. It's just maybe if she was to see the dog and fall in love with it before finding out it was a pit her mind would be changed. My mom HATES dog, and PITS especially, but she likes our dog and she doesn't know he is a pit. If you brought home a pit puppy would she know right away it was a pit?
I don't know, she can be quite stubborn. I was attacked by a pitbull that was (I don't remember exactly) 5-6 months old when I was four, bleeding bad. She's doesn't want a pitbull at all... She would know right away, whenever I ask for one she likes to type in "Pitbull Attacks" in google...
Old 07-12-2005, 01:38 AM
Rusty but Trusty

oh she's one of "those" types of moms. Sorry, I know my mom was JUST like that when I was growing up.

Old 07-12-2005, 01:57 AM
Top Dog

Lol, that's funny... my mom can get quite protective. My dad thinks that getting a pitbull would be a great idea. But whatever... I rather just settle with a breed than to argue over getting a pitbull... That's pretty cool you have a Pit/bulldog mix, and your mom doesn't know about it, lol... My mom just says once I move out of the house I can get any breed I want, so there's one thing to look forward to in the future...
Old 07-12-2005, 09:38 AM
no touchy

I don't recommend sneaking in an animal, no matter how old you are. Once your parents find out, it's bad for not only you but also for the animal. It's cruel to just sneak in an animal and try to keep it a secret. All the trust your parents have for you goes down the drain and the pet doesn't have a family anymore.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Rusty but Trusty

Oh I'm just putting in a little humor. Ofcourse I would never suggest sneaking a pet into the house. I've done that a few times in my younger days with mice and hamsters and rats and such but I had so many of those little creatures that my parents never even noticed one more (and I don't really think they would have cared about one more either). A pet needs to be something the whole family agrees on.