Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

My dogs much prefer better quality food over crappy food. They like the meat and freshness of EVO over the corn and peanut hulls and byproducts and crap in other foods.
Wait, I take that back. That applies to Millie, but Lucy will scarf down anything that looks remotely like food.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Top Dog

I guess I've just wondered if the crap they put in low quality dog food tastes as good to dogs as the crap they put in snacks and junk food tastes to so many humans. I thought it probably did and that, if they are eating high quality food, getting a few days of SD might be like someone who has a steady, very healthy diet of baked chicken, steamed green beans, squash and broccoli most of the time would find it a treat to get a piece of battered, fried chicken and some gravy or french fries for a meal.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Kharma is polite. She'll take it, and then wait until she's out of sight to spit it out.
Lol, I wish Dance could be like that. Instead, when she actually does take it on those rare occasions, she'll spit it right back out at the person's feet and give them the most disgusted look.

Ripley
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FDCh-G
Keira CGN
Old 04-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Fishies!

They do add flavors, but I think the dogs just like superpremium better.

Buster is ok with Canidae, and ate the SD the other dogs were on for a week, but I learned to be VERY careful bringing Evo into the house. Buster and Lexi would fight as soon as they got a good sniff of it, they both wanted their meat!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:41 AM
Bored Now.

Middie pretty much eats anything... I haven't offered him any crappy stuff since I got him, except these dog treats that are primarily wheat gluten. He was so disgusted at them and wouldn't even go on his bed when I put them there.. and hell, they smelled fine to me. I'll have to offer science diet or something and see if he eats it. He completely ignores the crap in petsmart.... so.. maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
Sounds like Spanky is a health food nut... good for him! Ilsa would eat anything if offered, but Ronin is picky. Ilsa would eat poo with sprinkles if you told her it was food...
Are you sure you'd even have to tell her it's food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
Last summer while I was visiting relatives, a cousin of mine offered Dance one of their dog's kibbles (Science Diet). Dance snarled at it and refused to even look at it after, lol. That's happened a couple of other times too with low quality food... and she's a dog who'll eat pretty much anything. So, it doesn't surprise me at all that he didn't want to eat. I know if I were a dog, I'd rather eat TOTW than SD any day!
OMG! She actually snarled!?!? Holy COW. Dance, you are my hero. <3
Old 04-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Big Dog

I like TOTW too. It is on sale right now at Waggin Tales - a bit cheaper than Pet Food direct -

http://www.waggintails.com/store/Dis...+Roasted+Venis