Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-04-2008, 06:44 AM
<--------Orson

Default Orson leaves in one hour

for his neuter

I am so nervous and nauseous.

ONE BIG reason is that he is the type of dog that barfs up bile when he doesn't get to eat on time, and since he hasn't been able to eat or drink since last night, what happens if he does that during surgery? ACK........I just want this OVER!

*wrings hands and paces*
Old 04-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Angel Chicken

Everything will be ok, Momma! I promise

If he does puke up bile while under (which I doubt will happen, but I'm not a vet so don't take my word for it), I'm sure they'll have it under control
Old 04-04-2008, 06:48 AM
<--------Orson

Well if he aspirates into his lungs while under that normally means death or pneumonia and THEN death
(that's the reason you can't eat or drink before surgery)

I just can't take this pressure!
Old 04-04-2008, 06:51 AM
Angel Chicken

Have you told the vet about this? Just so they will be aware in case it does happen? Then, they will be better prepared to possibly fix it if it does happen?

Gah, listen at me... I'm sure everything will be ok, Angie-Poo. I'll have you in my thoughts, and when you find out how he did in surgery, get your butt on MSN and tell me.

Now, take deep breaths... deep breaths...

I have to take Johnny to get more warts done this morning... o voy... this will be fun...
Old 04-04-2008, 06:51 AM
Bored Now.

Coop, relax. You're going to have him FREAKED out if you work yourself up before you leave, and that's very bad. The time for you to flip out and panic is in the car after Orson is safely at the vet's. Then you can do whatever you like. Right now go spend some time with him and cuddle, k? It will make both of you feel better.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:55 AM
<--------Orson

Oh I know, you are both right. And I plan on REPEATING Orson's stomach issues to the Vet when I go in.

Right now he is whining because he KNOWS it's time for breakfast and he thinks I have my lazy butt on the computer NOT feeding him *sigh* Gah, my tummy is in knots!

I wasn't this nervous when his ears were done, but he didn't have the bile problem when he was little
Old 04-04-2008, 06:56 AM
Angel Chicken

There Angie, something to get it off your mind... I just reported a lovely post in the Breeder forum
Old 04-04-2008, 06:59 AM
feel the magic

aw, Coop! I'm sure he'll be fine. You sound like any of us here, though, we all panic when our dogs go in for procedures. Are you having them give him IV fluids while he's under?
I know that won't fill his tummy, but maybe keeping him hydrated will reduce the chances of him throwing up bile? I don't know, but I'm sure he'll be fine.
Good luck!
Old 04-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Bored Now.

Awww.... stop thinking about breakfast and cuddle with him, silly. You can play the game of "attack the sleeping family members with kisses and paw-smacks." It's so much fun and will get your mind off of things!
Old 04-04-2008, 07:05 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Chicken View Post
There Angie, something to get it off your mind... I just reported a lovely post in the Breeder forum
Can't help you there.............I am not a mod in that one

Ok, I am out of here until I come back from the Vet.