Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-03-2008, 09:05 PM
feel the magic

awww!!!

Wait until she starts belching IN your face!

Ella will get done eating, get the wiggle butt going, come up to me for love, get wide-eyed like, "I'm going to get some mama-love", and then she just lets out a HUGE belch. YAY.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Felurian

Errghhh . . . Shiva does that. Unfortunately, I inadvertently taught her to do it. She had TERRIBLE gas - getting bigger by the moment. I was terrified she'd go into bloat and I couldn't get Charley to let me call the emergency vet. He is so . . . well . . . I knew if I could get her to belch and/or fart we'd be okay, so I poked several phazyme caps down her gullet and then sat there, with her standing between my knees looking up at me miserable, and I patted her sides like you'd pat a baby to make it burp. Every time she'd belch I'd praise her and make a big deal out of it. I was in tears I was so relieved. I hugged her and hugged her.

So, now, whenever she needs to belch, she comes over and stands with her head in my face And it would crush her if I pushed her away for it . . . so I just try to hold my breath.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Top Dog

lmao!

Whiskey was a "love grunter." He would snuggle up as close as physically possible to you and then some, put his head down into your neck, give your ear a few nibbles, and then start making throaty grunting noises. Poor guy....he was/is disturbed.

And I don't know too many APBTs that aren't lap dogs. If they see an open lap, then that means open invitation.

Wrigley, my Shar Pei/Cane Corso mix I owned, sounds much more like the Filas. He would show affection sometimes.......on his terms. But even then it more like he would climb up on the other side of the couch, put his head in my lap, and growl each time he exhaled (rumbled I called it). He preferred to be in the same room as you, but not necessarily in the same space as you. He was very independent. And his treatment of other dogs was comical. It was like he was the General & they were just low-level infantry men in his army and they were to do whatever he told them to do. I can't even truly explain that dog's complicated personality. But boy do I miss him..................

God bless the cranky, grumpy, dominant dogs.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Love my pets

Oh, Renee, I'm just glad Tallulah has gas in the form of a burp and not out the other end with a stinky smell
Old 04-04-2008, 08:26 AM
<--------Orson

Yep, I could look at Tallulah all day no matter if I have seen the pics before or not

She is definitely a striking little girl!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb04 View Post
Oh, Renee, I'm just glad Tallulah has gas in the form of a burp and not out the other end with a stinky smell
That, Barb, is something I can thank EVO for, lol. Mom - after me asking her several times not to, and gave Tallulah some of Katie's nasty food.

Thanks mom, for the farts AND the truly nasty stools that hit Tallulah so fast she didn't get a chance to tell me she needed OUT.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Twin 2.0

Ewww....glad it's out of her system now!
Old 04-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

She's so beautiful! I loves herrrrrrrr!