Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 04-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Eddie, that sounds really really good. I'm going to have to write that one down
Old 04-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks, and Gig 'em.

I didn't read the whole thread but those talking about weight watchers here's my two bits:

It worked for my parents. It worked really well for my dad. He lost 60 pounds over a 6 month time period or something like that. For my mom it didn't work as quickly as she was constantly cheating on the point system but she did eventually get down to her target weight.

And they didn't follow all that special weight watchers food stuff (and I ate all the free stuff they were given lol). They just went by the points system that is assigned to various foods.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- 'WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!' " - Author Unknown
Old 04-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Videos are good if you're gonna do it. I guess it's the same with bikes and treadmills. We have a treadmill in our bedroom. When one of us is going to use it, we just turn on the TV or radio and walk away. We also have a recumbent exercise bike in our living room. I'll get on that and ride 10 miles or so (about 40 minutes while watching a show). I'd recommend either one (again, if you'll do it - no sense in spending the money if you're just gonna hang clothes on them ).

Lots of people talk about doing "intervals" for stamina boosts. We did that in cross country practices as well and it worked like crazy. We'd do 10 miles of "indian races" where we run at a steady pace in a line, the guy in the back sprints to the front and drops back into the pace, then the new back guy does the same, and so forth and so on. Our times ALWAYS came down the following week.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Top Dog

I'd use a bike if i had anywhere to put it that wasn't in a dark, dank corner of my basement

I think i'll go out tommorow and see if i can find some videos.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Tell them CONGRATS for me!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassOnion View Post
special weight watchers food stuff (and I ate all the free stuff they were given lol). They just went by the points system that is assigned to various foods.
Thats what WW is all about, there really is no "special food" some supermarkets sell Weight Watchers frozen dinners, I like some other are terrible... but they are just for ease of use, kind of like Michelenas(s?) etc not like Jenny Craig and up here at least, Nutri System where you eat "their" foods all day everyday...
Old 04-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Ate my lean protein today and fruits... for dinner I had a smart one frozen dinner thingy (they were on sale for a dollar). Dan is out with friends, having beer and probably something fried, so I stayed in and walked T-Bone.

Also went to the gym today.... ran 1,5 miles on the treadmill to warm up, then worked out my shoulders/back and went on the elliptical for another 30 minutes at the end to get my 45min of cardio. I am hurting a bit.. so for tomorrow I am going to dig out my bathing suit and go swimming at the gym before work

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I'd use a bike if i had anywhere to put it that wasn't in a dark, dank corner of my basement

I think i'll go out tommorow and see if i can find some videos.
Oh... I have the Biggest Loser DVD... and not only was it fairly cheap... I also really like it and it gets my blood going, what usually is a problem for me.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks, and Gig 'em.

Quote:
Thats what WW is all about, there really is no "special food" some supermarkets sell Weight Watchers frozen dinners, I like some other are terrible... but they are just for ease of use, kind of like Michelenas(s?) etc not like Jenny Craig and up here at least, Nutri System where you eat "their" foods all day everyday...
Yah but WeightWatchers sells specific foods that they make (or something like that). I went to one of their meetings to see what it was like (boring..) and they had a whole table of special fruit bars, micro wavables, desserts, and stuff like that. The fruit bars are pretty good by the by.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- 'WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!' " - Author Unknown
Old 04-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassOnion View Post
Yah but WeightWatchers sells specific foods that they make (or something like that). I went to one of their meetings to see what it was like (boring..) and they had a whole table of special fruit bars, micro wavables, desserts, and stuff like that. The fruit bars are pretty good by the by.
They do have some foods, yes, but they are not foods you have to eat as you know by your parents, just snacks that are made for someone watching their weight or portion controlled frozen meals. I just wanted to make sure their was no confusion with programs where you eat their food all day every meal, those plans are expensive and rarley work long term. Plus a few years back I had an Aunt on Nutrisystem and tried a few of her meals Yukkkk!!!

I find the meetings being good or boring depends on the leader and the members, but most of the ones around here are very heavy in retired people(not that there is anything wrong with that) and I find the meetings a bit boring, not because the members are bad or boring, just because the issues they face and those I have are so different
Old 04-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Let it be

Two more days until my bike gets out of the shop. Two more days until my two one and a half hour long bike rides everyday. HERE I COME SWEATING! How I miss you.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Top Dog

What I did to lose weight was put myself on my own little diet and excersize plan. I found a treadmill cheap and bought it, so now I can workout at home. Which was great having a young daughter. I can work out and never have to leave home. So I walk 2-4 miles every day, do as many sit ups as I can, and I eat low calerie meals. No candy, junk food, soda or anything high in sugar or calories. Seems to be working for me so far.

Thanks for the siggie Baxter'smybaby!

Laura