Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 04-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Are you dead yet?

YAY support!

I've been on a weight loss frenzy since the year began. I had let myself go for almost 3 years and put on an ungodly amount of fat. I've been eating less junk food, and cut back calories quite a bit in addition to near daily workouts. Thus far I've lost 30 pounds and if I could lose another 30 that would be terrific. I won't even say how much I weighed and still won't say how much I weigh. It's embarrassing! I've dropped 2-3 pants sizes, so right now most of my clothes are falling off of me.. but I don't want to get new clothes until I'm at a weight I like.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Top Dog

I joined Weight Watchers and have lost 18 pounds so far which for me is good since I do not have a huge amount to loose. I've gone from 159 to 141 but am having trouble loosing anymore. Some people don't think I should loose anymore but I'm not sure. Could just be my body type, I'm definitely happy with what I've done though. Considering I don't exercise I think I could loose more once it warms up and I can start walking, hopefully if we start fostering dogs this summer that will motivate me as well, when i dog sit I go for two long walks a day plus trips to parks and such but I just don't have that motivation without anyone (human or canine) going with me.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 04-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillasugar View Post
I think at that point I'd be sacrificing the boobs

LMAO..... Funny how that plays into everyone's thoughts and in my case anyhow seems to be the first place I loose from..... I went to an early weigh in and I am down 3 lbs! now to behave... sigh
Old 04-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Sounds good. Here's what's going on with me.

I'm in a weight loss group that meets Wednesday evenings. We all bought in for $25 each. At the end of 12 weeks, the biggest loser by percentage gets 50%, 2nd gets 30% and 3rd gets 20%. My wife, 12 year old daughter and I all joined. Since we began that 4 weeks ago, I'm down from 254 to 242. My wife is down 15 pounds from this group and my daughter is down 10.

My "specs". Male, 5' 11" This time last year, I was 273. Going from THAT peak, I'm down 31 pounds. I'm also down from wearing 44/46 pants to "relaxed fit" 38 pants, so I'm seeing the change in inches as well.

I'm SUPER proud of my wife. She's down over 90 from her peak - been doing it since Oct 2006. Long, slow haul, but she's doing it. I have a photo we took in Oct 2006 and then another we took in Oct 2007 wearing the same outfit (well, different size, but the same outfit). I put them side by side for her. It's amazing the difference.

What we're doing is portion control and reading labels. She writes down everything she eats. I do that online at fitday.com. It definitely helps. Plus exercise (we have a treadmill and a recumbent exercise bike as well as a VERY active dog who likes long walks).
Old 04-01-2008, 06:48 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I'm not off to a good start... I ate McDs for dinner today. My thoughts were 'It's okay, I'm not going to eat a lot, and I'm going to work it off later'. THen it rained, which ruined the walking plans.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 04-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Angel Chicken

Well, I started today. I didn't exercise, however, I cleaned my whole house and instead of eating Chicken Alfredo like everyone else, I had a nice salad with no dressing. It was fantastic!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Here is a recipe that filling and fairly low in calorie and fat. I like it as well because it's low in sodium and I have a high blood pressure issue (although today at my appointment the doc said my BP was "perfect") It's from the weight watcher's cookbook:

Weight Watchers Chicken ***8220;Fried***8221; Rice

Makes 4 Servings

½ pound ground skinless chicken
¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
½ teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons peanut oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 carrots, shredded
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
6 scallions, sliced
1 ½ cups cold cooked brown rice
½ cup thawed frozen green peas

1. Spray a large nonstick skillet or wok with non-stick cooking spray; heat. Sauté the chicken until browned, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl; stir in the broth, teriyaki sauce, coriander and ginger.
2. In the skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil. Stir-fry the eggs until set but still moist. Transfer to the bowl.
3. Heat the remaining teaspoon of oil; sauté the carrots, bell pepper and scallions until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the rice and peas; stir-fry until the rice begins to brown. Add the chicken mixture; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.

Per serving: 272 calories, 11g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 153mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 28g total carbohydrate, 4g dietary fiber, 17g protein, 68mg calcium. 6 WW Points per serving.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Chicken View Post
Well, I started today. I didn't exercise, however, I cleaned my whole house and instead of eating Chicken Alfredo like everyone else, I had a nice salad with no dressing. It was fantastic!
That's a start AC

If you need a little dressing, the Ken's "light" and "free" dressings are actually pretty tasty.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Top Dog

Also on the dressing topic, if you dip your fork into the dressing and then stick some salad on the fork, it gives the taste with less calories (and that may be totally off i read it somewhere).

Sooo i'm not trying to loose weight, but i do want to get into "shape". I don't think i'm healthy stamina/cardiac wise. For my age and weight and everything, i should be capeable of being a lot more active than i am. I want to start doing cardio a couple times a week.

Problem is: it's freezing here, and i get bored VERY easily. I hate running. I like to play team sports but honestly don't know if i have anyone to play with. If it's nice i'll go hiking or something but it doesn't really get my heartrate up and that's only MAYBE once a month. In summer i swim A LOT which is great but i need something to do until then. I was thinking about getting a video...like kickboxing or dance or something. wdyt?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I did decent today. Haven't done any walking other than Bamm's usual walks. Brendan and I went to TGI Fridays for dinner. I had half a chicken ceaser salad and some tomato soup. That's pretty good compared to what I normally order.

I still need to weigh in. I'm watching the Alvin and the chipmunks movie though so I will in a little bit.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle