Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 06-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Life's Rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACampbell0304 View Post
Hi folks, I'll be on the weight loss plan in the first week of August. That's when baby #3 is due, thank God!
So I'm 5 ft 3 and 175 lbs right now...I'm kind of horrified by this. Before I was pregnant with my first, I was a whopping 109 lbs...I never really managed to lose the weight from the first pregnancy, but 109 was a bit slim - I wore size 00 pants so I might have been a little on the underweight side.
So I think around 130 lbs would suit me fine...granted once the baby is born I'll probably be in the 150 range so it's about 20 lbs to lose.

Most of it is a lack of exercise, this I'm sure of. I had knee surgery about a year and a half ago and never got back into regular exercise after being laid up for 2 months solid...knee surgery did not go as planned so I still have problems with it and don't exercise much. (Then again I will get a full knee replacement sometime in the next year if I'm lucky) I actually made it worse by tearing a ligament on an eliptical machine earlier this year...so it's been a sucky road to travel.

What's worked about the best for everyone else? I can't do a lot of exercise that is high impact, at least on my knees since I've trashed them both so it limits me on jogging/running - maybe bike riding?
Bike riding would be good!

What about an Elliptical? It mimics the jogging motion without the impact on your knees. You might want to give that a try.

"Life is not a matter of milestones...but of MOMENTS."
Old 06-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Ruled by a RED boy!

WOW! I saw this thread and just had to post! I am 5'8 and have lost 50 lbs since early last fall. I have gone from a size 16 to a size 8/10 and went from 220 lbs to 170 lbs I am very proud of myself because I did it all by myself with no help from weight watchers or Jenny Craig, just sensible eating, portion control and of course EXCERCISE I am 33 and am in the best shape of my life. I have also taken up jogging which has really helped to transform my body into shape. I do a walk, jog, sprint, and Caiza is also enjoying it thoroughly! I eat wholegrains, lots of proteins and of course good carbs! I also treat myself a couple times a week with dinner out and desserts because we still have to live a little..... the key is to stay with it and when you do have an "OFF" diet day it is important to get right back into it the very next day and don't revert back to the "old habits" This is what has worked for me and all winter long even through those dreaded holidays with all the foods I still lost weight. Best of luck to you all, and don't give up you have to want it and WILL POWER is the key.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:41 AM
Big German Shepherd

I've lost 116 pounds... I don't know who on here is trying to lose weight but I have an idea of what I'm doing so if anybody needs help, feel free to contact me.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm All Ears

Well, so far so good. Down from 193 lbs to 176 lbs!

Hope to keep losing!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Wow, Laurelin, that's awesome!!

I have to admit, I am a partial stress eater (and drinker) so just cutting out the bad things or eating little bad stuff didn't cut it for me this time.

I started the South Beach Diet this week and have been feeling really good so far. It is basically just cutting out carbs, concentrating on protein with veggies... well, at least for now. Later some carbs are reintroduced. I haven't stepped on the scale since I started... so I will weigh in next week
Old 07-16-2008, 08:46 PM
BusterLove

Gah, I have new motivation now.
I left town 18 months ago at about 53kg and probably slightly overweight, I put on 20kg! ergh. I've lost 3 so far but I have 7-8 months to work on more.

I know what it is aswell, just my diet, my very crappy diet, if I fix that, things change fast. And it isn't even going to be hard, just not eat sdo much chips, coke or chocolate.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Walks into Mordor

Random question for all you fellow weight loss people...what is a healthy rate to lose weight at? My gym has all these pamphlets and such that say 1-2 pounds per week is a good rate, and anything else is unhealthy. But that seems monumentally slow to me.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

When brendan and I broke up last month I weighed 180 which for me is like ACK!... I'm short so 180 doesn't work for me. Well... I weighed in the other day and I'm now at 167... woot!..... and still losing...

What I'm finding is helping me a lot besides just eating right and exercise is to drink a full glass of water about 15 minutes or so before I eat. The water fills me up causing me to eat less food. I eat 4 to 5 smaller meals throughout the day rather then eating 3 huge meals
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 08-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Top Dog

I'm 5' 6" and about 195 lbs, I'm not really bothering with weight loss at the moment but y'know, it WOULD be nice... so I will be back when I decide to finally get started.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Feelin' Froggy? Jump!

Well I figure its time for me to join in the weight loss thread!

I am 5'8 and currently sitting at 299. Which, Yea... its not good. But from where I've come from... its pretty darn amazing. My heavist was 350... and to even type that number makes me wanna puke. I am a stress eater for sure, and needless to say, where I moved from was nothing but a big festering hole of stress. Now I am on my feet working almost every day and althou I complain about it sometimes, its really turned this couch potatoe around.

I still need to work on portion control... but am working on it. Hopefully this thread will inspire me when I am having my moments of weakness!

"Friendship is like someone peeing on you, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings"

"Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out of it alive"

"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, "never try" ."