Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 06-21-2008, 05:33 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Noone has updated in a while.

In the past 3 weeks I have been making an effort (for once).

Biking to work daily (about 15 mins each way so 30 mins total), eating healthy dinner and not snacking when I come home, and have so far lost about 6lbs.

Which is great, because I only really need to lose a stone, I'm not exactly obese. I'm about a UK size 14 which is a US... erm... 12? or 10?

Couple this with a summer of sailing and windsurfing, I think by the end of August I should be a LOT fitter
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 06-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Top Dog

Go Go Dizzy! Go Go Go! You can do it! Woo woo woo!
Old 06-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I've lost 4lbs this week... mainly for me it's been stress and the lack of appetite because everytime I eat I feel sick. Going to try and take it easy and stick to things like fruits and yogurt since my stomach is being sensitive. Also going to drink some ensure.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 06-22-2008, 12:11 PM
BusterLove

I think I'm one more kilo down, which is good
Plus I think I'm about to go through another bout of the gurgs pretty soon which should assist lol.
But seriously, since we are now the fattest nation on the planet, I'd really like to change a few things.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I'm going to eat a big fat greasy curry tonight

Mmmmmm... And I had TWO burgers last night when I was drunk - TWO!!! And I kept calling the Dirty Burgers... "Hi can I have a dirty burger please"... luckily he just laughed at me.

I better put my bike up a gear going to work next week

I don't put weight on quickly, thank god.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Zookeeper Extraordinaire!

Ok.... so, I'm new.

I don't have scales in my house for good reason. I think obsessing about a number for a weight is stupid and messes with your worth as a person.
That said, I went in for my super fun annual women's exam and the doctor said, "Is it really possible that you've put on 20 pounds this year?"

Yaaay for awesome doctor! Anyway. I guess I put on 20 pounds.
I lost 20 pounds before after I gave birth to my son. I lost the baby weight, and put it all back on plus five. Then I decided that I should have a salad with EVERY meal I ate because I was eating out a lot and making myself only eat half of the burger and saving the rest for lunch the next day.

I am no longer going out to at so much. I got doggies to walk and I have a bike to ride. Part of the reason for the dogs was so I'd walk and drop some weight.

I'm not sure I have but the number isn't the concern. I need to lose weight so I don't keep getting asked when I'm due, have my doctor tell me she can't "feel my uterus due to a little extra in the front", and am not EXHAUSTED all the time. So, feelable uterus, energy, and not being asked when I'm due.... ready, set.... GO!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:03 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Weight is but a number, but it's always nice to see if it is doing anything.

I put weight on gradually so if I don't have scales, I usually wake up one morning and realise I've put a stone on lol

Good luck!!

Once you get it in your head what you're going to do it's easy. Mind over matter.

And remember - a little bit of what you fancy never hurts

Old 06-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Bloody but Unbowed

I am biking to work every day. it's about 8 miles each way---and hilly. I have come to like it, and I am getting faster, now at about 45 mins. But I haven't lost an ounce. people say I look better, though. Of course, after 16 weeks of mostly bed rest I looked terrible before. I assume the weight loss will follow.

Eventually.

hey Dizzy, what kind of bike do you ride?

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 06-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Not a lurker

Hi folks, I'll be on the weight loss plan in the first week of August. That's when baby #3 is due, thank God!
So I'm 5 ft 3 and 175 lbs right now...I'm kind of horrified by this. Before I was pregnant with my first, I was a whopping 109 lbs...I never really managed to lose the weight from the first pregnancy, but 109 was a bit slim - I wore size 00 pants so I might have been a little on the underweight side.
So I think around 130 lbs would suit me fine...granted once the baby is born I'll probably be in the 150 range so it's about 20 lbs to lose.

Most of it is a lack of exercise, this I'm sure of. I had knee surgery about a year and a half ago and never got back into regular exercise after being laid up for 2 months solid...knee surgery did not go as planned so I still have problems with it and don't exercise much. (Then again I will get a full knee replacement sometime in the next year if I'm lucky) I actually made it worse by tearing a ligament on an eliptical machine earlier this year...so it's been a sucky road to travel.

What's worked about the best for everyone else? I can't do a lot of exercise that is high impact, at least on my knees since I've trashed them both so it limits me on jogging/running - maybe bike riding?
Old 06-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Bloody but Unbowed

You could join me in the save gas/exersize bike club. I can't do high impact either, because of back injury.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused