Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-31-2008, 11:33 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Lucy doesn't shed much. She has very short, thin fur. I sometimes find her little hairs, but they're not noticeable when you walk in the house. Millie sheds more than Lucy, but not too badly. She doesn't shed much until it starts warming up. Having Harley (Rottweiler) was really something else. It's the same thing now when I go to see him. When you pet him a small cat falls off of him. When he gets a good brushing (I'm the only one who ever does that, honestly) there's enough fur there for a bloody polar bear.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:34 AM
Top Dog

Bear sheds alot. I can sweep my floor and brush him everyday and there are still Bear hair tumbleweeds rolling around in the kitchen. Dixie, Really hasn't started shedding. But I keep hearing labs shed alot. maybe she's just still too young yet.

Thanks for the siggie Baxter'smybaby!

Laura
Old 03-31-2008, 11:39 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Annnnnnddd. Speaking of HAIR, I just moved some blankets to the dryer, there was so much hair trapped in them, it was even stuck to the sides of the tub in the washer!
Old 03-31-2008, 11:42 AM
Top Dog

Maggie hasn't shed much so far. She's losing a little bit of hair now that it's starting to warm up a bit but not nearly as bad as the cat!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:43 AM
:( only one :(

They don't...lol

Well actually they do, it just stays in their coat until we brush it out.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Top Dog

Milo hardly sheds. Only when i brush him, really, and an occasional few hairs around here and there.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 03-31-2008, 12:08 PM
just call me Nilly

I only have to vaccume once a week. I can let it go a bit longer before I start seeing hair accumulating on the carpet.

I just ruffled and pulled at Sierra's coat (not hard, but enough that on a lab you'd probably get a handful of hair) and got so little I was able to count how many hairs were in my hand. About 10. Only one was guard hair, the rest was very fine, hard to see.

Infact, the furminator doesn't seem to do much for her. She has thick guard hairs, and not much of an undercoat, and the furminator seems to ONLY pick up a bit of undercoat. It works much better on my cats

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 03-31-2008, 12:23 PM
Squishy face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giny View Post
They don't...lol

Well actually they do, it just stays in their coat until we brush it out.
Benji's coat is just like that! He's naked right now though because we just had him shaved last Tuesday, poor thing gets hot if its over 55 degrees F.

Daisy sheds a lot, you can find black undercoat gathering in the corners. And if you look closely at her blankets, you can see that they get quite hairy between washes.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 03-31-2008, 01:09 PM
Top Dog

Well, it seems like a ton to me because my last dog was a Bedlington, but really probably very little. I run a curry over her a few days a week and get a small ball of what looks like little porcupine quills, and that's about it. I never really see it on my clothes or anything.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:18 PM
Let it be

Between the twins when the weather gets warmer a boat load. Once they have done their yearly shed it isn't too bad.

Miley doesn't shed.