Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Are you dead yet?

Default How much does your dog shed?

The BC3 are minimal shedders. Being the largest dog with the most hair, Dakota sheds the most. I do find little black or white hairs now and then, but for the most part these dogs are super tidy.

Zaphod sheds like dog hair is going out of style. I run the furminator over his coat every day and continually pull gobs of hair out of his seemingly short coat. And still, I feel hairs coming loose as I pet him. Ugh. I hate it!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:28 AM
Angel Chicken

Kona-- despite her short fur, is a shedder. She sheds... and sheds... and sheds more. I brush her daily, but it's no help. She'll be shedding a pound off.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Walks into Mordor

Zeus is the same way, RD. He sheds like crazy. I attack him with the horse curry comb every day, and he just keeps on shedding. When you give him a scratch, you can see the hair flying. And it's not the easy-clean type hair. They're little, short hairs that I swear are barbed from the way they stick into everything. Even the vaccuum cleaner has issues picking them up.

I used to think the sheeding was a diet or health issue, but the vet says Zeus' coat is wonderful. It's just the way he is. *sigh*

Voodoo, on the other hand, is a minimal shedder. A few hairs here and there, but nothing really noticeable.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Lord Cynical

I can always tell when Ada has been here for a weekend... little white hairs over everything!

The dobes shed, but not noticeably. It's not uncommon to find a lone Doberman hair on the laptop, or in a cup, or on a plate... it migrates! Also a bitch when you get a dobe hair imbedded in your foot - they're like little splinters and they HURT!

But, as far as walking into a house and seeing Doberman hair, or looking at someone's outfit and seeing Doberman hair.... nope, doesn't happen. It's mostly invisible. Until you wash dog blankets, that is - the lint trap is covered in dobe hairs!

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 03-31-2008, 10:34 AM
feel the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
I can always tell when Ada has been here for a weekend... little white hairs over everything!

The dobes shed, but not noticeably. It's not uncommon to find a lone Doberman hair on the laptop, or in a cup, or on a plate... it migrates! Also a bitch when you get a dobe hair imbedded in your foot - they're like little splinters and they HURT!

But, as far as walking into a house and seeing Doberman hair, or looking at someone's outfit and seeing Doberman hair.... nope, doesn't happen. It's mostly invisible. Until you wash dog blankets, that is - the lint trap is covered in dobe hairs!

This is how it is for Pit Bull hair. You never walk in my house and say, "EW. I see Ella hairs all over the place." But when I sweep the kitchen and the bathroom, I get a few. Or, like Sizzle, when I wash her bedding, or in fact, OUR bedding, the lint trap has a gathering at the bottom of Ella hairs.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:38 AM
We are Home.

HAHAHA shedding the bain of my house LOL.

Tytus and Ellie Mae are minimal shedders.

Walker, he lays down it is covered in little white shepard hairs.

Patches makes our house look like we had a snow storm. You have to clean the broom from sweeping about 6+ times in ONE room because her hair clings to it.

Whisper does moderatly but its like human hair so its not to bad to pick up.

Scirracco is like Walker. Greys are shedders and bad shedders.

Never come to our house if you dont like dog hair

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 03-31-2008, 10:40 AM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

Really Maggie and Tucker don't shed bad at all. I love the Cocker Spaniel coat honestly lol.

NOW lol Jesse's dogs lol.

Tino being a Rat Terrier and its spring he sheds like crazy. I am always left with a film of white hair on my clothes lol. Badger has about the same issue as Tino. Zeppelin isn't so bad slightly worse than my dog but not quite as bad as his boys lol.
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 03-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Mollie doesn't shed at all.

Izzy and Frodo shed and shed and shed and shed and just for a change of pace they shed some more. It's managable when I furminate a lot, but there's never a time when I can't pull hair off them. When they were on raw it was so much better.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:51 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Ozzy sheds, and then he sheds, and then he sheds some more, and its only getting worse now that its warming up here. I'm currently washing all his bedding and mine, and the lint trap is just dog fur. Thats it. And Oz hair sticks out everywhere, it blends in with NOTHING. I can pet him, and he will shed. I got a zoom groom for him and do that as I'm washing him and I constantly have to unclog the drain, and then I'll brush him wet and get hand fulls, blow dry him, and then brush him again and get even more hand fulls. But that does cut down on the amount he sheds...
Old 03-31-2008, 11:33 AM
Irritate with Caution!!

OMG... Shedding is my only frustration with my JRTS... They SHED and SHED and SHED some more.... The smoothie in my home sheds twice as much as the Broken coats but thye all shed like madmen, little white hairs everywhere, all over everything and in everything....... and the car don't even get me started, I Love taking them with me but sheesh..... I know that the poodle crosses are not always guaranteed to not shed but mine does not, his coat is a nightmare however, and needs grooming very 6 to 8 weeks easily....