Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-06-2005, 06:40 AM
Top Dog

Default Murray the Magician

Murray has a few tricks up his sleeve. The other day when I was at work, my daughter awoke to a mess. Apparently, Murray had somehow gotten into his head that there was food on the counter in the kitchen. How he reached it is up to speculation, but, he broke into a box of cookies (luckily there was only one in there), shredded the box around the house and got into a container of nuts. This is where his magical powers come in because the nuts were in one of those tupperware like containers. I do not know how he opened, or how he even knew there was food in there, but there were nuts strewn around the house. Apparently, he didn't care for them because they were still there. What a funny guy he is!
Old 07-06-2005, 06:51 AM
Big Dog

The things dogs get into never seast to amaze me
Old 07-06-2005, 07:13 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

very smart doggy you've got there!!
Old 07-06-2005, 07:29 AM
Felurian

Sounds like Murray has been chatting with Shiva and Kharma on the net

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-06-2005, 08:57 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

wow he didn't like them? good thing Mary wasn't there, she adores nuts..and every other possible edible, but especialllllllllly nuts! Bronki was my chocolate hound..he climbed up on the counter, got the cabinet open, stood on his hind legs to reach the top shelf and got down my container that had butterfinger bb's in it.when he was just a pup.and ate everyone of them. The nose knows! I had to install cabinet locks..and pretty much give up on chocolate.
Murry sounds like a clever guy..bet this wont be the first time either...might want to look into those cabinet locks..won't be long. and dont ever teach him to take your husband a beer by hanging a rope handle on the refridgerator door. We worked hard on that trick with Hanzi.(was trying to endear the dog to the ex) and forgot to remove the rope on day...guess what was not in the fridge when i got home

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Top Dog

You guys make me laugh!

Rene - I've explained to Murray he is NOT allowed on the computer when I'm not home!

Smkie - Do NOT tell my husband that you can train a dog to bring you beers. Poor Murray will never get any rest!!
Old 07-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Felurian

Several people have suggested we teach Shiva to get beer out of the fridge. I just look at them and say, "are you joking?" All that dog needs is to figure out how to open the refrigerator anytime she wants . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-06-2005, 04:18 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

all ex did was complain about the dog..i was desperate. We worked on it each afternoon while he was at work. I tied a loop to the fridge door and set the can on it's side so he could pick it up easy. Horraayy it worked, then oh nooooo next morning.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Felurian

We don't even have the handles on the refrigerator. We left them off to keep Charley's mom from getting herself into trouble (she liked to take all the plastic containers out and put them in the oven when she was mad at us), and decided Shiva really didn't need anything to be able to get hold of either.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Top Dog

Irish - LOL! Your story is hilarious.

Renee - Charley's mom put the plastic containers in the oven? Why?