Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Top Dog

Peanut butter!!!! Brady LOVES peanut butter. He starts licking his chops the minute he sees the jar.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Felurian

You all know the lengths Shiva will go to for peanut butter

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Big Dog

I guess I could say my dogs pretty much like any kind of treats!
Old 07-05-2005, 11:23 PM
Cutie Corgi

liver treats work for me!! i have tons of reciepes on how to make them instead of buying them, i usually make 2 (9x11 pans) and freeze them, they freeze great!! I also use "real meat, healthy gourmet dog treats) in venision and chicken, they are cut in little squares and are great for training treats.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:49 AM
Kelpiefied

I use kibble rationed from the dogs daily meal for nearly everything but huge distractions, or learning a particularily difficult excercise, then i use "chicken chunkers". They are small balls of chicken meat, perfect size for training and nice and smelly, like dogs enjoy!
I will also use liver treats, cheese (not too much) and dried cat food. My dogs love cat food.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Harley & Abby

Both of my dogs LOVE bread (it's really weird, I think). They will fight eachother for the last piece. Abby absolutely LOVES cheese, though we don't give it to her very often, only on rare occasions. If we are using cheese for anything she'll come running over and sit really patiently for a piece. Also, when I'm training them I just use pieces of dry food out of their bowl. I feel kind of mean because they give me all their attention for this tiny bit of food, when they could so easily just get it from their bowl!

They also love chicken, meaty bones and they adore pigs ears! (eww)
Old 07-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Top Dog

I don't know, my dogs really don't get a certain treat. I must be a bad horrible mommy They usually get a nibble of whatever someone's eating. They are well behaved without a treat. I will admit, they love the peanut butter though. And even that, they don't get much of. Oh, and Nora loves to pick up the bird's seeds that he sprays on the floor! (BAD BIRDIE! ) That's another forum though, lol.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:40 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
I use kibble rationed from the dogs daily meal for nearly everything but huge distractions, or learning a particularily difficult excercise, then i use "chicken chunkers".
These sound great! I need something for those huge distractions!

I guess I'm off to petsmart this weekend to find some of those liver treats. It takes us about 45min to an hour to the nearest pet store. We have a small wal-mart and farm supply store but their selection doesn't include the real good stuff

thanks guys
Old 07-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Show Dog

I have 2 chi's Baby and Mira. Baby love greenies and therasticks (they help he coat and breath). Mira has only been w/ us for 2 wks but last night she ate a greenie and seemed to love it. It took her about 15 min longer than Baby w/ both. She gobbles then up (that's why she doesn't get many treats).
Old 07-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Puppy Dog

my two love those peanut butter/chew stick lollypops