Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Uffda!

Default Dogs learned an important lesson today

.....don't steal mommy's pack of gum and eat the whole thing.

So I got out of the shower and found the shreaded remains of a pack of gum on the ground. Little buggers must of pulled it out of my coat pocket. I probably didn't have to but I dosed them both with peroxide and they yacked the gum back up in the bathroom. Roxie ate most of it. I'm so scared of blockages since Joey's incident last summer I decided to make them yack for my own peace of mind. I didn't know if both of them ate it or just one. That's a lot of gum for one little dog. It seems Roxie at most of it, but Joey had eaten at least one piece too. They're regretting it now!
Old 03-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Twin 2.0

Is it sugar-free gum?? If so, keep a very close eye on them for signs of hypoglycemia!!
Old 03-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Uffda!

wow, just googled that. Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep an eye on them. It couldn't have been in their stomachs more than 15 minutes before I made them throw it up. Now I'm REALLY glad I decided to do that!
Old 03-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I'm the same way... if Auggie eats even a tiny piece of chocolate that fell on the floor, it's time to make him puke - just for my own piece of mind.
The bad news is that I don't think they ever learn, LOL. Auggie sure hasn't...

My sister's two dogs were staying with us once, and got into a bag of chocolate that my mom left on the floor (*facepalm*) We had no idea how much they ate or who ate what, so we had to make 'em throw up, too. Poor Happy - he didn't eat ANY of it. Kota ate ALL of it... but we didn't know, so poor, poor little Happy was vomiting for nothing. I felt awful. That's the bad thing about having two dogs... there might be an innocent bystander to the whole thing, but you'll never know until it's too late. X3

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Twin 2.0

I had to take Virgo to the e-vet last month because she ate a pack of Trident. The xylitol starts to absorb immediately, so it's key to watch them closely. They said that Orbit has a higher amount of xylitol than almost any other gum, but any amount is toxic.