Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Top Dog

Yup, you guys were right..It's kennel cough!

So hes on antibiotics every 12 hours...The girl was like..Its pricey but works good.

LOL..It was funny..The vet walks in, and hes all happy to see her..and then he sneezes and all this snot comes out...LOL..She checked him over, made him cough??..and then got us some pills.

I went back to my normal vet, to see if Skyler had that shot...but he didnt...The girl just said to keep a eye on him.

Thanks again everyone!!
Old 03-25-2008, 02:52 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Thank goodness its not something worse

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 03-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Twin 2.0

Glad it's something easy! Now just watch your other dogs and if possible, do a disinfecting run around the house.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:42 AM
Love my pets

Did they say to keep them separated? My new pup gave kennel cough to my other 3 dogs (1 had been vaccinated for it so didn't get it as bad); one of my dogs almost went into pneumonia (lost 20 lbs.) and had a long recovery. I only say this because it was 2 months of a long illness at my home and won't ever take kennel cough lightly again.

Hope the pup gets better soon.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Top Dog

Yeah, They told me not to let him around other animals...I hope my other dog is okay..I got this guy on Thursday..but didn't notice anything serious until Monday..and took him in yesterday...So I hope hes okay.

Its soooo hard keeping them apart...Trike just wants to sleep, so thats okay...but Skyler just wants to play play play!!

With the way Trike was acting, I thought the worse, and hope he didn't have pneumonia..Thank goodness he don't!!

He loooves being outside, and at the shelter we seen on his cage that he wouldn't eat inside as he didn't like the floor.

Thanks again everyone!..
Old 03-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Top Dog

Oh yeah...It was sooooo gross this morning!!

All ready for work, just went to put my shoes on..and I felt something wet on my sock ( I was thinking, okay its prolly just water since he was just drinking it ) but for some reason I was like...I better check.

I turn my foot over and it was this HUGE GREEN SNOT CHUNK on the bottom of my sock...EEEEWWW
Old 03-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Top Dog

blah!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:11 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Barb did your dogs snot up? I have never had a dog do that, cough insanely, til you line the corners of the rooms with newspaper and change often...til you sit in teh bathroom steaming it up propping the dog up on pillows, but never did the nose run. I wonder why?

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 03-26-2008, 12:38 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
Barb did your dogs snot up? I have never had a dog do that, cough insanely, til you line the corners of the rooms with newspaper and change often...til you sit in teh bathroom steaming it up propping the dog up on pillows, but never did the nose run. I wonder why?
Beezer had a lot of mucus when he had kennel cough. it would be all over the couch when he sneezed.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney