Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Top Dog

Default Who should I call about this?? Its sad

So my neighbors (I look at the back of their house) have 8 dogs. 6 of them are tied up to a 5ft looking leash and have like one of thouse blue barrals for houses (that usually roll away bc of the wind) some of them have like the top half of a dog crate (with all the holes) so when it rains its not like they are staying dry. The 7th dog is in a 3x5 foot cage with a dog crate which it usually stands on because of all the fecies..Plus there is only enough room for him to stand like side to side between the crate and fence. The 8th dog is a little chi chi dog and I have NO idea what could have happend to this dog. Its back is so curved upwards its back and front legs almost touch. From what I can tell they ALL have their bones showing, the little chichi dog is really really bad and I know this cause I saw it beside my back porch. Well 1 is a husky with thick fur so I cant tell..But anyways I have called the pound out several times about a pit bull that runs around peeing on my tires, pooping on my driveway (what dog poops on concrete?!), tearing dirty baby dipers through my yard and they never say anything about the dogs. They give the pitbulls owner a warning (even though they have been called on like 5x and they keep them tied up for like a day before just letting them have the run of the neighborhood again) and never say anything about the other dogs, which live right next door and there is NO missing them. Everyone that comes out to my house always comments on how sad it is. Why wont they do anything? It is always Animal Control that I call is that way? Because they are not causing a threat? Who do I need to call? Or is this not abuse? I would take pictures but Im scared they are going to come out and do gosh knows what..
Old 03-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Felurian

Maybe a local news station?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Top Dog

Ahh I just dont know about drawing all that attention. That would really make me the bad egg in the neighborhood considering the front 3 houses (The one in the middle being the one with 8 dogs) are all family..
Does this sound like abuse to yall?
Old 03-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Top Dog

If they looks starving or don't have proper food, water and shelter I believe that counts in the eyes of the law as animal abuse or negligence. I would call Animal Control specifically about this problem so you can help these poor dogs out.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 03-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Top Dog

Im about to take a picture as soon as their owners go back inside so yall can judge..
Old 03-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Your best bet is to call the animal shelter now. The dog alone that's practically standing in it's feces really bothers me. Call them. Don't worry about being the "bad egg". Who cares what other people think about you? Think about those dogs that quite possibly need a LOT of help right now. Do the right thing. Call the Animal Control right now.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Call someone- animal control, a shelter, whoever can help these dogs. I wouldn't be worried about being the "bad egg," I'd be much more worried about the dogs.
Good luck, and I hope you get someone involved.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Top Dog

Its not that im worried about what they might think of me, its what they might do..They have a bunch of hoodlems running around. I like my tires just how they are, filled with air. I will call though. I just wish you could do it w/o them giving my info out..
Old 03-20-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm PAWMAZING!

Sarah- I dont think they can give out your info. Just tell them you wis to remain Anonymous

Did you know that it is a sin, Immorality lies within- September

I am a "Female Dog"
Old 03-20-2008, 07:17 PM
BusterLove

I was going to say maybe the media aswell. AC groups sure move fast when there is a reporter asking why nothing has happened?