Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 03-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Island dweller

I`m not sure if you can see them if you aren`t a member. But the photos in the critique forum get rated first and then critiqued if people feel like it. It`s a pretty busy place so often people just rate them and move on. You can see the ratings when you click on the photos and the details button. There are also different categories. It`s not like most forums and definitely not like VB but it is a great place to learn. Most of the people there are pros and they know a lot of stuff. It pops up a lot if you google photography things. Most questions have already been asked there. It`s a good place to learn. I`ve emailed a few pros on there too and quite often they are more then happy to chat.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje View Post
I'd be interested to know how you know this?
Know what?

Correction, though...I just did a rough search for miguel duhamel and didn't really pay attention to the picture. That pic was from when he was running on the RC45, not the CBR. Oops.

And yes, it's a bold statement, but, in my opinion, though it differs from yours, is that the image's story...that's to say what's happening in the image and how much interest it is to the onlooker...sells the paper, not the fine-art photographic quality of the picture.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Island dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by makenzie71 View Post
And yes, it's a bold statement, but, in my opinion, though it differs from yours, is that the image's story...that's to say what's happening in the image and how much interest it is to the onlooker...sells the paper, not the fine-art photographic quality of the picture.
What's happening inside any image is a key part in the quality regardless of if it's 'fine art' or not. And to be a 'good' photographer you have to learn to anticipate shots that cannot be set up. That's something that you learn from shooting in all situations and conditions. Not in school. I don't think the questions in this thread were solely about 'fine art' photography but 'quality' photos in general. And that is a very broad range. There is plenty of room in there for good photojournalism.