Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 03-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Who woulda thought <3

I got mine at target...lol
Old 03-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahFair View Post
I got a Nikon coolpix for my b-day..is that a good one?? Its nothing like yall are talking about but I was still wondering..Like what kind of pics am I suppose to take w/ these kind of cameras? Just every day life or can they be used for pro pics?
A Nikon Coolpix is just for snapshots. To be a professional photographer you need to shoot manual with an SLR.

On camera flash pictures just aren't really good. It doesn't matter what kind of camera you have. But I cannot stand to shoot my D70 with flash on camera. If I have my d70 I have to do everything manual and no flash. I got a Nikon coolpix for snapshots, but I really don't like it and it is hard for me not to have control. But it is much easier to shoot one handed or quickly, if trying to get snapshot of something cute the baby does inside.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Top Dog

Oh, well shoot. Its still a nice one. I posted some pics I took w/ it on that If you dont have anything nice to say thread. Yall tell me what you think!
Old 03-20-2008, 08:22 PM
feel the magic

Well, the only really GOOD looking pics I can get of Ella are outside without the flash with my exposure either set at zero or between zero and one. She's a black dog, I cannot get good inside pics of her without the flash. Even messing with them in GIMP doesn't make them look right.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Puppy Dog

I'd recommend you to buy Nikon D40. My cousin uses a D40. Thats an awesome camera.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Twin 2.0

I hate the built-in flash. It just plain sucks, unless I get lucky with lighting or settings. I've finally started to get the knack of snapping Virgo indoors with flash, but the pics still come out so much better if I just use a slower shutter speed and more light.

You can get some great kits on ebay or Amazon; eBay is where I got my D50 kit....body, three lenses, three filters, two carrying cases, two tripods, all for about $800.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:43 AM
Island dweller

I much, much prefer my d70 to my d40 but it's not working. I wouldn't buy the d70 used tho. That is, i wouldn't buy it used AGAIN. I've had endless problems with it. That's for the d70 not the d70s.

The d40 is a fine camera to start. It is very limiting as far as lenses go. That's the biggest issue for me. I think most ppl would be more then happy w the d40. BUT if you can afford the d80 I'd go with that. For myself. If you are absolutely new and/or you don't see yourself taking it to the next level save your money and go for the d40. You'll be quite happy.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Water Junkie

I have an Olympus SP 550UZ right now. It's a great camera and has let me exspand my picture taking skills, but it only goes so far - and I'm nearing the end I think.

I definitely want a camera that is going to let me go far and exspand my knowledge/skills for taking good quality pictures. I'm really liking photography and want to take it as far as possible - or the next level.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 03-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Top Dog

WARNING: Photography is a VERY expensive hobby.

I just have to be sure and post this. If you get really into it, it gets very expensive. My degree is in photography, but as of now I am not making money with it. And I have thousands of dollars worth of photo equip. And I need another $1,000 for the next lens I want.

So you can't say I didn't warn you.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe08 View Post
WARNING: Photography is a VERY expensive hobby.

I just have to be sure and post this. If you get really into it, it gets very expensive. My degree is in photography, but as of now I am not making money with it. And I have thousands of dollars worth of photo equip. And I need another $1,000 for the next lens I want.

So you can't say I didn't warn you.

not if the only thing you want to do is take decent pics of your pets......