Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Playful Husky Pup

Default Horrible News *cries*

Well last night we got a phone call from a women who saw one of our fliers. She told me she was sorry but she thought our dog had been hit by a car. My heart dropped as soon as it filled..... I asked if he was ok and she told me no the impact had killed him. I told her i would be right there and she said she would try to moce him off the road. When i got there and she showed us the tore up body I knew it was him his collar and tags still on though bent. I broke down right there and i still crying now i mean uncontrolable crying.This is all my fault maybe if i hadent domesticated him so much she would'nt have stayed so close to homes and wondered out into the street! He was never hit in his feral years why now? In his old days the old guy still hadent had his first bath....... We brought him back to the house and buried him our in a clearing in the woods (did'nt seem right to bury him anywhere else). Im just so sorry I should'nt have interfeared with his life he would have been better off.

Jamie especially is heartbroken over this. I have had the idea of possibly finding someone in the area with a dog Maxis possibly got pregnant and I would like to find a puppy of his and get it for Jamie. We both need it but im sure it won't be easy.

I just miss him so much and just feel terrible about it all.

RIP Maxis
you were special!

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 07-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Puppy Dog

I'm not good with trying to cheer people up, or very good with comforting thoughts...but I'm sorry to hear about Maxis. Hope you all feel better soon.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:44 PM

OH Pits..please don't be so upset. My heart breaks for you. Just think that you did give him love, and you know he was so happy to know you. accidents just happen, it was nothing you could have avoided..and you certainly didn't add to the cause. you were kind to him, and he appreciated you for it. I'm sending huge (((((HUGS))))). I know you are so sad, but don't blame yourself. Pits...you ARE the best.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Stare at my avatar....

Don't be sad. It wasn't at all your fault! And Maxis is in a nice place now, where nothing bad can happen. He's watching over you and thanking you for all you've done for him. Hope you find that special puppy.

It's all fun and games until someone loses and eyeball...then it's PING PONG!!!

Dain bramaged
Old 07-04-2005, 03:01 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Pits..i am god awful sorry to hear this..i think tho that you gave him a life, albeit a shorter one, full of love and compassion..you showed him trust and gave him a full belly..and a warm bed. You were the best possible person for him in the whole wide world..i think you know that as well. It was much better to be hit by a car, then to have died by a bullet in the wilds,or an infection that would have had him starve before he died full of fleas and ticks, with no one to shed a tear. I would rather die an early death healthy and loved, then a long one of loneliness full of the desperate need to find food..he could have been poisoned as well. That was the fate he was destined for and i know are aware of this as well.. Hugs gurl i wish i was there tho i don't know what i could do. I am glad you brought him home and buried him as well. You gave him the greatest gift of all, you gave him your love..that was more then anyone else was willing to do for him. You turned the community around and hopefully the next time a dog is scared and desperate, someone might learn from your example, and his as well...to not shun but encourage the act of kindness. Rest in peace dear maxis.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Love my pets

Oh Pits I am so sorry. I broke down crying when I read what happened. I agree with Smkie, please don't ever regret giving Maxis a loving home. Always keep his memory alive; he will live forever in your heart. I know Maxis is in a good place with all our pets.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Big German Shepherd

Aw, I'm so sorry to hear such a terrible thing happened. It's not your fault, you have no reason to go blaming yourself. All you did was give him shelter, food, and love--and by God, nothin's wrong with that.

RIP Maxis...
Old 07-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I'm soo sorry!! It's a horrible thing that happened, but it wasn't your fault! You took in the guy and loved him and tried to help him!! You were good to him and nothing could change that.

RIP Maxis....you shall be missed
Old 07-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Top Dog

I am so very sorry. It was not your fault, giving love is never wrong.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:43 PM
United States Marine Corp

I'm very sorry to hear that but you have to cheer up. It comes time for everyone to go, I don't think it's up to us to judge whether someone lived a short or a long life. Don't let the bad memories kill you, let the good memories put a smile on your face.

R.I.P.