Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Walks into Mordor

Default Humiliated--again

We went on a short trip this weekend. So of course, the Horsemen went to go board at the vet's office. The Horsemen LOVE the vet. They think the clinic is the most awesome place on earth. Both of them are monstrously spoiled over there--they don't even stay in the kennel most of the time, they get free run of the clinic and schmooze with the staff.

So I'm at the reception counter filling out the necessary paperwork, and both Horsemen are bouncy and tail-wagging like crazy. I put them into a sit-stay while I finish the paperwork. They are both model dogs, wiggling like mad but not breaking the stay. Not even when another customer carrying her barking yorkie comes in. The receptionist is very impressed.

She comes around the counter to take the dogs to the back and comments, "I love your dogs! They're always so well behaved." I am feeling quite proud and a bit superior, comparing my wonderful Horsemen to the still-yipping and growling little yorkie.

As the receptionist takes Voodoo's leash and opens the door to the exam/kennel area, I release the Chaos Demon from his stay. He takes off like a rocket straight for the kennel area, hauling the lady behind him. I get a glimpse of the poor receptionist, arms and legs flailing, flying down the hallway behind him. She's exclaiming "Whoa boy! Hold on! Wait!" I hear a thud and an "oof" as she is flung into the door when Voodoo goes careening around the corner.

She comes back a moment later for Zeus, out of breath and with hair a bit mussed. I'm babbling apologies. She laughs and says, "Oh, don't worry, it's all right" The yorkie owner is snickering behind me. I want to melt into the ground and die.

*sigh* I guess they still keep me humble.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Twin 2.0

I'm sorry, is it mean of me to be laughing this hard??

Voodoo is just a happy guy who thinks everyone should understand that he knows the way already and he doesn't need to be leashed!
Old 03-17-2008, 11:38 AM
<--------Orson

LMAO! I can just picture it Happiness is no crime ahhahahahaha

Let the yorkie guy snicker.......at least Voodoo kept his stay until you released him and didn't feel the need to show the yorkie who was REALLY in charge
Old 03-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Sorry, but I'm laughing very hard! Ahahahahhhhhhhaaaaaaa. Sorry, Gemp! I can just picture it perfectly.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Walks into Mordor

Heh. I guess it is a bit funny in retrospect. But oy. Maybe I should rethink my plan of starting Voodoo in weight pull.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Snow Girl

Hahahahaha that's a great mental picture!!

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 03-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Felurian

Sounds like The Vood is in full form

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Let it be

haha. What a dog.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Are you dead yet?

LMAO!!

Gemp, I swear, Zaphod and Voodoo are kindred spirits. My nose is still bleeding periodically from when Zaphod pulled me into a door jamb.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

haha that's way too funny.
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle