Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-16-2008, 05:27 PM
tessa_s212

And we finally found the time to attempt to groom Buster, the matted Great Pyrenees

Old 03-16-2008, 05:28 PM
tessa_s212

Before:

He's still not done and still has matting .. ..but at least he looks fluffier and a bit better!

Old 03-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Felurian

GODS! Buster is a SPECIMEN! What a dog! And he must be amazingly good natured to go through all of that de-matting.

I'd bet a Pyr or Molosser rescue would take him and find him a good home.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-16-2008, 05:41 PM
tessa_s212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
GODS! Buster is a SPECIMEN! What a dog! And he must be amazingly good natured to go through all of that de-matting.

I'd bet a Pyr or Molosser rescue would take him and find him a good home.
He was SUCH a good boy. We were pulling and pulling on his hair(well, not that bad, we were working through his coat the least painful way possible) and he just layed there absolutely perfectly. Well, every now and then he got up and walked away, but always came back and sat in our laps. (Yes, he thinks he is a lap dog).

I have a Pyr rescue contact in my email. The problem is getting the shelter to let us send dogs to rescues. They don't like to let us. In fact, right now we have already set up transport for two pits on Sunday, but our vet(the pit HATER) doesn't want to let us send them. He was the one pushing SO hard to make it so that ALL pits that come into the shelter are put down.. and for sure he wants teh same fate for the two we were going to transport. Its all just a big stupid mess.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa_s212 View Post
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not be able to resist this pup!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Love the pics, Tessa. And you made great improvement with Buster. He's a gorgeous dog.

And really, really good luck with the transports! *crosses fingers and sends good vibes*
Old 03-16-2008, 06:29 PM
tessa_s212

We even have a horse!!!!!

(Just a few seconds after this photo was taken, the horse actually bit my sister right in the boob!! LOL)

It was a humane case. It's hooves were completely overgrown, no shelter, and the place it was kept was in horrible conditions, so they seized him and brought him back to the shelter. We're out in the country and have a barn outback. Not only do we have this horse, but we have a pig too!!

I wasn't working(feeding animals in afternoon), so I wasn't here for these photos. I couldn't escape long enough. Sometime though I will go out and visit with it. It came right up to my sister. Looks like it needs brushing too. I don't have experience at all with horses. I'm going to see if my dog friend who knows and has horses will come up with her grooming stuff and perhaps we could make it look pretty.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Do you know the horse's name? He's gorgeous. Through the matting and dirt, there's still a gleaming beautiful animal.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:36 PM
tessa_s212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Pups View Post
Do you know the horse's name? He's gorgeous. Through the matting and dirt, there's still a gleaming beautiful animal.
No, I do not know it yet. I wish I did, or I'd put him on petfinder! We'll find out tomorrow. And maybe even get the pig up on petfinder too. (Normally we only do dogs.. don't have time for others.. but we'll put the pig and the horse up as soon as we have pictures, names, and information!)
Old 03-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Tessa, I know a Pyr rescue here, if you need another rescue contact.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.