Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 07-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Top Dog

Very nicely done. Brings to mind a conversation my husband and I just had about our puppy "changing overnight." He went from an obnoxious, noisy and annoying (at times ) little boy, to a calmer, quieter and sweeter young man in what seems like a weeks time. He was constantly harrassing my male pug to play with him to the point where he would earn himself "time outs" and he would always bark at my female pug CONSTANTLy because she would not play with him. He still has his moments, but I finally feel like all the time outs and all the praise for good behavior and gentle reminders of the right thing to do is finally paying off!!!! Right when I think I can't take it anymore he's an angel overnight LOL!!! They are worth every minute of it aren't they
Old 07-13-2005, 01:05 AM
Top Dog

OMG!!! Showpug! That has got to be one of the most adorable pictures I've seen in a long time. What a precious dumpling. He can hardly stand on his feet it looks like. Look at his nails on that front left foot. He doesn't dare move a muscle, lest he looses his balance, so he's just going to leave his toes all spread funny. LOL.

I'm glad if this little thingy I wrote out is of some use. Thanks for the nice words too.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Show Dog

Thanks for the post, I think it's really great for people who are getting new puppies! This would be great for my friend. Do you know who the author was so he/she is sure to get credit?
Old 09-29-2005, 08:45 AM
Top Dog

I just noticed this one month old post Kristine. Sorry. I wrote up that little piece.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:57 PM
The pomeranian

I couldnt have said it better myself, which is true, because it would sound like this "Bark. bark. bark!" Thank god for keyboards and opposable dewclaws.

And as much as I seem confusing to my owners, they certainly confuse me.

And I am like them too in a lot of ways. I can be cranky, moody.... fun, loving, playful.. ignorant when I want to be or calm and serene. We dogs are not as simple as you think we are.
Just an eency bit about me: I was born on 10/11/05 and from a breeder in Maine, and I have a pedigree. I was born with two other brothers in a loving home where the breeders breed pomeranians and samoyeds in small batches. I then went to live with my new owners on 12/11/05.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Puppy Dog

Thanks for the lay of the land so to speak and the book suggestion. Will look at getting that before Saturday when we pick up our newest member. Everyone thinks I'm crazy adding a dog, and then a puppy to crazy crew of 4 kids. But I think that it teaches kids how to be better people when they have animals around to take care of play with and be considerate of.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Learning Puppy Wrangler

This was beautiful, I wish I had been directed to this post in dealing with my problems with my Dusty. I now have a much more clear understanding of his little hyperactive mind.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Puppy Dog

Thank u for sharing this with me, I found it very interesting with my pup Snoop.. And true.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Active Pup

Thanks for that... Ive just recently got my first puppy and i think thats going to really help me! THANKS!! Sophie x
Old 04-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Top Dog

Good luck !!! new puppy owners !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/