Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 07-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Not crazy...

Excuse me? I posted that cause my dogs loved the busy bones, and I figured someone else might like to hear that and try them. I have a 13 + year old dachshund. Eaten IAMS and 'crap' since she was around 2. No ill effects. Isn't 13+ later in life? Real bones upset my dogs stomachs, make them vomit, and give them diarrhea. Rawhides and busy bones didnt, so Purina oviously did somthing right. Anyhow, I posted this so maybe some of the people here might want to try them. Oh, and Bagel and Buster send kisses for the sweet replys, and continue loving the busy bones.

Buster, 11 weeks
Old 07-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Felurian

Go back and re-read this thread, particularly your own posts and you'll see why we are so disappointed with your attitude right now. http://www.chazhound.com/forums/show...9&page=1&pp=10

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Not crazy...

No thanks, ill pass. Haha, your disapointed with my attitude? Rather momish. Wait sorry, that said we. We? Huh? Yeah, well, I realized IAMS is a good food since my dogs havent keeled over or gotten horribly ill, but don't go posting the ingedients and trying to convince me otherwise, cause everything you'll say ill have heard at least 2 other times, and its not gonna change what my dogs eat. Anyways, try Busy Bones. My dogs loved them.

Buster, 11 weeks
Old 07-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Obviously you are stubborn and refuse to listen so there is no point in trying to make you see the truth.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:18 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Oh and not to mention rude.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Quigleyfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagelDog
I have a 13 + year old dachshund. Eaten IAMS and 'crap' since she was around 2. No ill effects.
well, iams was actually a decent food until procter & gamble bought the iams company in september 1999 and shortly after changed the formulations to include poor quality ingredients and everything went downhill. when i got my wirehaired dachshund in 1991, she ate iams puppy food too, and there was no garbage in the ingredient list. so as much as it is wishful thinking, quality is not consistent and your dog has not been eating the same food for 11 years.

the same goes for purina, which used to make decent foods until nestle (a human food giant) bought up the pet food branch and started doing research into how to best include byproducts and leftovers from the human food processing industry in pet foods - drastically increasing their profit margin.

if you look into the history of all the mainstream pet food companies, almost all of them suffered the same fate of being decent brands until some industry giant bought them up. this stretches from grocery store brands like pedigree (owned by mars now) to "specialty" foods like nature's recipe (first bought up by heinz, now del monte foods).
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 07-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Not crazy...

Ok, well shes been eating it for 6 years then, and still ok.

Buster, 11 weeks
Old 07-05-2005, 10:31 PM
Top Dog

Bageldog .....you're showing your age, Cool it !!! You made a statement...some disagree . Let it be ! Continue what you will do anyway and let those who disagree continue what they want. Yes, I like Purina products, but would never buy bones etc. from them. I like the raw, natural bones.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I use the busy bones every so often for Mack. He LOVES them but I only give them as a special treat because he eats a whole bone in a day. I don't see any problem with giving them as a treat every so often. I don't feed him purina products on a regular basis though. Mack prefers the Pedigree Jumbone though, so that's what I usually get him. Sometimes we get the coupons for the Jumbones and we'll get him one (there's usually on sale at petsmart buy one get one free). I think he feels like the Busy Bones are a "generic" equivalent to the Pedigree Jumbone (even though there's only like a .15 cent difference).

Old 07-06-2005, 01:38 PM

I swear to you that since I've been feeding raw chicken, after chewing up the bones all the tartar buildup is gone. Both of my dogs' teeth are very white again. AND, it's healthy and inexpensive. I just noticed Ham's teeth yesterday....gorgeous all the way back, top and bottom. they get a nice chewing experience, a huge tasty treat, and a bit of nutrition. just my opinion here, but I also wouldn't waste money on the manufactured 'bones' or treats.