Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-14-2008, 12:55 AM
Felurian

Default Last 10

I just spent the last 10 minutes giggling quietly, watching Kharma eat watermelon.

I had one of those mini watermelons. I'd cut it in half and eaten most of one half, then put the rind in a bowl on the floor. Kharma took it out of the dish and had it firmly wedged between her two front paws, using her bottom front teeth to scrape ALL the flesh out, eyes closed, concentrating blissfully.

We are SOO gonna have watermelon this summer

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-14-2008, 01:02 AM
We are Home.

LMAO. You need a video camera WOMAN!!!

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 03-14-2008, 01:11 AM
Lord Cynical

Ohhh that soundS HILARIOUS! I'll need to get some watermelons this summer... I'm sure llsa will be forever thankful!

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 03-14-2008, 01:18 AM
just call me Nilly

I can just picture it!! Hilarious

Apparently watermelon is one of the healthiest fruits for dogs, so not only was it funny, but a healthy treat! I'm going to have to try this with Sierra, see how she manages. Something tells me she's not nearly as smart as a Fila

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 03-14-2008, 07:30 AM
<--------Orson

Vanilla I think it will have to do with if she likes it or not............if she likes it, SHE WILL FIND A WAY to get at it

That is FUNNY Renee, silly Kharma!

I have tried and tried to get Orson to eat fruits..........no luck. He loves veggies of all kinds, but no fruits. My last doberboy was the opposite, would BEG for fruits when I ate them and wouldn't touch veggies unless hidden in other things.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Felurian

Kharma is pretty much a health food nut, seems like . . . watermelon, avocados, citrus fruit, FRESH pineapple, pistachios, cashews, really about any kind of nut other than pecans, raw cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, portabello mushrooms. She doesn't, oddly enough, care much for carrots though.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Twin 2.0

She made a deal with Sawyer last summer about the carrots. He loves 'em.

Now Kharma's got ME craving watermelon!
Old 03-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Love my pets

Oh, my gang loves watermelon! Is it that time of year yet? I think fresh strawberries come to TN in May?
Old 03-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Felurian

You might see them around the end of May, Barb . . . that's when we see them, but we're down in a protected valley vs. the plateau, so we might be getting them a little earlier than you guys.

Just WAIT until you get hold of some of the homegrown tomatoes. Try for Cherokee Blacks or German Pinks.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Felurian

I took Kharma in with me when I picked up the EVO today.

There weren't any cars in the lot at the vet's, so I took in a can of RediWhip too Had all the techs in stitches watching her MADDOG imitation.

And OHHHHHH! If I had a real job . . . . they have a beautiful, blue brindled Pittie baby - 7 months old - that someone abandoned. Even having spent way too much time in a kennel, she is already gorgeously muscled. And SWEET??????? *sighs*

I didn't want to take a chance on freaking her out with the noise from the whipped cream spraying near her face, so I put it on my fingers and let her lick it off. What a little sweetheart. Kharma stood up and put her big ol' head over the counter and Lulu got up and put her face right up to Kharma's, tail going a mile a minute, kissing Kharma all over the nose, lol.

They are afraid that if they don't find a home for Lulu soon, she will have to go to the shelter, and the shelter here has NO history of even trying to find homes for anything remotely Pit.

I need a job or I need to find a home for Lulu.

I may try to go by in the morning and see if I can take some quick pics of her.

Hmmmm . . . . Jess?

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian