Wierd

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
What are some wierd things ur dogs do that are against what the breed was for? Jazz could enter retriever trials. She lives to retrieve ducks and will actualy go duck hunting with my dad. I have a duck hunting doberman. Emma is wickedly teritorial. if u come to my house its emma at the door not leting you in. She also herds sheep. Why cant my dogs be normal?

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
Well Leo's aren't really 'for' anything LOL...but she is apparently MUCH calmer and laid back a puppy than is typical of her breed.

My Beagles are ALL Beagle...LOL.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
You meen there is such thing as a normal beagle? :O were can I get one. Emma has more of a dobe temperment than anything. shes a tough tenascious little poop who sheds worse than a lab

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
Normal and Beagle in the same sentence LOL. Let's not confuse "normal for a Beagle" with normal HAHA!

They sniff, they eat (poop even), the sleep, they run, they love company. That's about it lol.

milos_mommy

Milo points.

He also swims, but i don't think that's particularly uncommon for a JRT....

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
My dad told me he was going tn teach emma to have a reliable recall while she was tracking something. Yeah like that would ever happen. Emma is a border collie doberman cross traped in the body of a beagle.

great rodent hunters....enya's caught one in the house:yikes:. they will actually wait in front of the couch or whatever, waiting quietly & patiently for the bugger to come back out:popcorn:. don't remember reading that in thier breed dicriptions:rolleyes:

Hillside

Original Twin
Django will point the birds in the back yard. He also has the temperment of a Golden or a Lab, he has never met a stranger. I don't think he read the part of the Aussie standard that said they are reserved with strangers.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Izzy would rather make friends with farm animals then herd them. We met a goat once and she play bowed at it *facepalm*

Frodo wants to eat men and some children.

Sch3Dana

Workin' Dog
I had a mentor who told me that there are more differences within breeds than between them. He really believed that a lot of the differences you see are environmental. He knew a GSD that had been raised in a litter of beagles and said she was nothing like a GSD. Howled like a beagle and only wanted to hunt rabbits. None of the suspicious, guardy behavior of a GSD, but she didn't have a suspicious mother to pattern.

Lilly (beagle) is a brilliant champion at learning tricks. It just amazes people who are convinced the breed is stupid.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
OC you will like this. Jazz sleds. she has been hooked up with 3 sledding dogs and actualy went for about a hour. she knows sledding commands and loves it. So your next race you can borrow her. lol

Members online

No members online now.