Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I think I would approach it in such a way that you aren't saying she doesn't take care of him and should just give him to you....

Perhaps say something along the lines of how much you love having him over at your house and if she would ever consider selling him you would love to take him in. Or soemthing along those lines lol... I'm not exactly the most tactful person
Thats a good idea. I'm not the most tactful person myself when it comes to someone not caring for their animal, lol.

I guess I just have to keep remembering you catch more flies with honey.....but believe me, inside I feel like realllly telling her how I feel.

Thanks Steveinski!
Old 03-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

that's true. hmmm do you think using the words "I'd like to adopt him from you" rather than "I'd like to buy him off you" might come off better. It's really pretty much the same thing... but the word choice might make a difference? or not lol
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 03-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Top Dog

Oh I love him ! and those pleading eyes scream " Can I live with you ??"

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 03-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Top Dog

Yeah now is the time to employ tact even though she really doesn't deserve it. If you imply that she's being a bad owner and you could do better for him she might get pissy and keep him just to hurt you. Imply that you really want a GSD and love this guy, and even though you know she loves him (yeah right) you were wondering if she was willing to sell. Something along those lines
Old 03-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Top Dog

Thanks for all the ideas guys. I will do my best and be as sweet as sugar.
At least I know he is getting good food and lots of love. If she says no I wonder if she would notice if I took him in to get neutered one day.

Thanks Steveinski!
Old 03-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
Oh I love him ! and those pleading eyes scream " Can I live with you ??"
I know! Every once in awhile I will be inside playing with my dogs and I look out the window and see him looking in with such a sad look on his face.

I used to not let him in the house because I was worried I would start something with my male dogs. Outside they all mark the same spots over and over but I guess I didn't give my dogs enough credit. They know marking in the house is a no no and have been good so Shep is coming in more and more.

He's just such a comical dog. I am in LOVE with those ears!

Thanks Steveinski!
Old 03-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Felurian

You know, it might not hurt to have the neighbor with the horses call her and tell her that not only is he going to shoot the dog, but that she is financially liable for any damage to his horses caused by HER dog chasing them

Offer to adopt him, then if she says no, get the horse owning neighbor to give her a call She might be THRILLED to let you have him then.

Or you could see if someone from animal control - who can be trusted - would pick up an "at large" GSD . . . and you go adopt him.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-11-2008, 07:32 PM
My house is a zoo

He is gorgeous!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:58 PM
BusterLove

Thats not a bad idea Renee, chances are if he did get picked up its not like she'd go to get him back.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Let it be

I'm in the same situation with my neighbors lab. I love the dog to death. He is here all the time. If I could take him in I so would. It's not possible. Even though I can't afford him I asked them anyways. They aren't willing to let him go. Which is silly seeign if he isn't chained up he is over at my house or running around.