Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-02-2005, 05:42 PM
Top Dog

Peanut does the "I'm gonna **** of Nedim game".lol. She runs around the house at top speed bumping into things and sliding on the floors. Then she'll come up to me and lay down while barking as loud as she can. Then, when I try to pick her up and calm her down, she nips me and proceeds to run at top speed again until shes tired out and just suddenly plops down on the floor.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Big German Shepherd

Rocky holds titles at that game...
Old 07-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Top Dog

LOL, annoying though, isn't it?
Old 07-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Mixed Dog

Browny-
He gets mouthful of food and goes away from the bowl and when he's done eating he goes back and brings some more food, like ur dog.
and he barks at people who whistle :]

Dog abusers: Unwanted
+Dogs4[my]life+
Old 07-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Puppy Dog

Kairi-
No surprise here. Grab a little bit of kibble, wander off and come back for more.

Funny thing about eating though. When she first came home, I had a green dish for her food and water. She will have nothing to do with that green dish, she would starve herself before going to that dish for help.

My mom got a bigger bed earlier this year and Kairi loves it! Drives my mom crazy though. We're usually at different ends of the bed and Kairi will just wander back and forth between us until she falls over.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Big Dog

kaine loves ants! He has his daily ritual of visiting the ant hill. First he will use his nose to try and stun them, if that doesn't work he will pounce on them, and then bam!!! he eats them

He loves to watch me wash dishes. I pull out the chair right next to the sink and he climbs (not jumps) on the chair and sits very nicely untill I'm done.

He also gets the zoomies!! He circles around the adjoining bedrooms through the living room, and if we are not close enough to stand in front of the couch he will use that as sort of a boomerang. He getting better at not doing that but he seems to be zombied out when the zoomies hit!! He then plops right down and goes to sleep
Old 07-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Top Dog

Chyna does the zoomie thing too...it cracks me up. She also spins in circles when she's excited. At night she likes to lay in the grass and rustle up bugs and then try to catch them. When I give her certain "chewies", she will promply look for a place to hide them...not bury them, just hide them.
She has a thing about the squeakers in toys and will chomp on them as hard as she can; release, chomp...etc. Very annoying when you're trying to watch tv. She also has to try to put her toy in my hand and try to force me into playing tug with her. If I am sitting on the couch trying to do something, she will force her head under my arm and then wrap her paws around my arm while trying to shove the toy in my hand. Yes, this drives me crazy!
Everything is this world is all about Chyna (just ask her!). If you have something, it must be for her too. Also, she has taken possession of my pillow and if I use it, she has to be positioned over my head and has no qualms about kicking me to get more comfortable.
Yes, she IS a Princess and a Diva...

Pam
Old 07-03-2005, 07:23 AM
Top Dog

I'm sure I will think of something else but.. food. They almost never eat right away when I put it down, it takes them up to one hour sometimes. They don't eat the same food so I leave them seperated while I feed them. But man do they love the other dog's food! If I let them loose they will both rush to the other dog's food bowl.

One way to make them eat though - spilling the bowl on the floor. Then they will eat right away...

Other than that I don't think they have developped any weird habit.. yet.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:43 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Nedim..it sounds like peanut wants you to chase her and is frustrated that you wont...thus the barking and the nip.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-03-2005, 08:40 AM
Harley & Abby

My dogs' weird habbits:

Harley - walks under dining room chairs to scratch his back, sometimes chatters his teeth when he's extremely excited or very impatient (it is the FUNNIEST thing to see), if I'm sitting down and have my legs crossed he'll come over and start walking under my foot so I'm 'patting' him.

Abby - Fills her mouth up with as much dry food as she can, then takes it over to her bed or loungeroom carpet to eat it (she drops it all out of her mouth first), when she wants to play she runs around someone in a circle and when she runs past the person she will bark at them, then contine running around and barking at the person (it goes on forever sometimes), she likes to chase her tail which makes her very disorientated, will sleep in a bed like a human does, and Abby snaps at flies and eats them.

That's all I can think of right now...