Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-02-2005, 08:52 AM
Keyozilla

Default Your Dogs' Wierd Habits

Here, you can just post any random wierd habit of your pets'.

Charlie avoids puddles, and when he eats, he grabs a mouthful, steps far away and chews it. When he's done chewing it, he goes back to the bowl all over again.

OH, did I mention he jumps about three feet in the air when he is really excited? And something's wrong with his tail... It always curls up on his back and it looks really funny.

Meow.
Between the Rain Drops :: My graphics/personal website
Old 07-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Top Dog

Keyodie -
My old doggie that has passed away now, used to do the same thing as your Charlie: he would take one nugget out of the bowl, walk to the living room and eat it and then go back for more!

Bear doesn't have any really weird habits, except he pees like a female dog. He never lifts his leg.

Murray is still new to us, we've only had him for a week and a half but one thing he does is follow us constantly. He can be sound asleep and if we get up - he's right behind us!
Old 07-02-2005, 10:00 AM
user not active

Hunting lizards, does his best to get into puddles, kills mosquitos inside our house, will NOT poop or pee within 100m even under a gun, has to be walked a good distance off property to do his business

Hates chow chows, loves small dogs.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Disappointed :(

sometimes - flipping upside down whilst sleeping so she's right on her back with legs pointed skywards

...and a new summer habbit whilst lazing about - "fly chomping" - biting into the air as flies buzz too close....!
Old 07-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Top Dog

Lyric, my Dobe, doesn't always want his food when I put it down. After a bit, I'll set it up on the counter for later on. When he decides he'd like it, he stands there with his nose pressed hard.....leaning against the edge of the counter till his nose wrinkles and squishes upward. He just stares at his bowl and if I'm standing next to him, cooking or something, I'll glance over and his head is still straight ahead, but his eyes are turned to me. This is his signal. LOL....cracks me up.

Chulita, my little girl Chi, often does that thing too, where she takes one piece of kibble and goes away from the bowl, but she'll toss it up into the air, let it drop, make two or three spins, paw at it, bounce back like it's a live thing and then go in for the kill.

Jose is just plain cuteness. He's my ma ma's boy, most velcro of all the dogs. Where I am, he is when we're inside. But when it comes to Lyric's exploring in the woods on my property, Jose is right there with him. The two boys are pals and do everything together. Where Lyric goes, Jose goes. If Lyric runs after some "threat," Jose is right there to back him up....all 15 LBS of him. LOL. Lyric looks after him too and doesn't let him get too far from him. That's not really that weird of a habit, I guess. It's just something that amuses me. What's weird is how Jose will run anything off this property....has no clue how small he is, and did run off a black bear once. (scary)
Old 07-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Active Pup

Angel does her "zoomies" once a day......she'll be sitting on the couch and all of a sudden she'll take off running at about 100mph....she runs around the coffee table up on the top of the couch along the edge of the couch behind the couch and then repeat it all over again...it goes on for about 10 minutes then she hops up onto the couch and goes to sleep.

Angel also take a mouthful of food out of her bowl and walks away with it...she'll drop it and then eat it one piece at a time.

Whenever I give her a big dog treat, she will pace all around the room with it until she finds the perfect palce to bury it, if you sit near it after it's been buried she has to come dig it up and re-bury it someplace else...I think she thinks that you'll steal it from her! LoL!!!

If anyone wants a freen GREENIE, PM me and I'll tell you how.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Big German Shepherd

Whenever Rocky sees my dad or I after like we've gone to eat or something... he walks towards us with his tail swinging so hard and furiously, it looks like he's going to knock himself down. It's like he's waddling when he walks. It's quite funny.

Rocky takes care of any bug problems in the house...

Half his body is sticking out under my bed when he sleeps. When he's not there he sleeps in odd positions.

LOL... Rocky, rocky, rocky...
Old 07-02-2005, 12:33 PM

Addie gets angry with us if we touch her collar. I can attach the leash, but if I even act like I'm going to remove the collar (I do that when I put the new tags on) she will go hide under the bed and not come near us for the rest of the day. It's sooooo strange, I've even tried getting her to make-up with something yummy...nope...she'll sulk for hours! Course, we have to go thru it all again when we put the collar back on.

Ham won't sit or lay down outside on the ground. He will sit for a moment if he's told to (like if we're walking, I make him stop and sit when a car is passing..but that's also on the road) but he wouldn't dream of plopping down anywhere except his doghouse, or in the house. He also will not walk thru tall weeds now. He has always peed like a girl, and has never bothered to mark territory.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Big German Shepherd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi
Addie gets angry with us if we touch her collar. I can attach the leash, but if I even act like I'm going to remove the collar (I do that when I put the new tags on) she will go hide under the bed and not come near us for the rest of the day. It's sooooo strange, I've even tried getting her to make-up with something yummy...nope...she'll sulk for hours! Course, we have to go thru it all again when we put the collar back on.

Ham won't sit or lay down outside on the ground. He will sit for a moment if he's told to (like if we're walking, I make him stop and sit when a car is passing..but that's also on the road) but he wouldn't dream of plopping down anywhere except his doghouse, or in the house. He also will not walk thru tall weeds now. He has always peed like a girl, and has never bothered to mark territory.
Rocky does that too... since he's getting neutered soon he probably won't ever hike his leg.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonster
...and a new summer habbit whilst lazing about - "fly chomping" - biting into the air as flies buzz too close....!
Yow! Watch for bees!