Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-09-2008, 07:41 AM
feel the magic

Default Chuckit!

Now, I am thinking about getting one of these. I'm not sure, though because I don't know if it'll fit the size ball that Ella plays with.

Anyway, which version should I get? The original Chuckit, Ultra Chuckit, or...one of the various copy-cat chuckits?

Has anyone tried a rip-off chuckit before?
Old 03-09-2008, 07:48 AM
koda bear

I Always see them at the dog park koda loves joining in and playing when the owner chucks the ball so ive thought about them to. they look pretty durable and ive seen more than just tennis balls in them.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Feelin' Froggy? Jump!

I won a chuck it at the Rottweiler specailty, and honestly, Im not impressed. Its sitting in my closet as we speak. Its much more of a hassel to load the ball, ect than it is just to throw the ball for the dog lol

"Friendship is like someone peeing on you, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings"

"Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out of it alive"

"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, "never try" ."
Old 03-09-2008, 07:57 AM
<--------Orson

We haven't tried one, but Kevin is bound and determined to so we will be buying one as soon as the weather is warmer
Old 03-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Let it be

I've used them. Never for my own dogs seeing as my guys don't have any ball drive. At the dog park I tend to take over for owners who aren't too thrilled about their ball crazed dogs. I love them. The ball goes much farther. Tires the dogs out quicker.

However if you have a baseball bat kicking around the house those work even better.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:33 AM
A guy with a dog

Leo chases balls if I throw them, but won't bring them back (how the heck do you teach a dog to fetch, anyway?). So throwing it farther would just mean I have farther to go to get the ball after he's chased it, picked it up, played with it, and dropped it way out there.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:41 AM
koda bear

lol you are ever to right you have no idea how many dogs get destracted mid run drop the ball go play. then another dog at the park snatches the ball and it turns into a big game of cat and mouse its hilarious.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Let it be

I love that part of the game. I'm always out there running with the dogs. I'm a big nerd that way though. They look to be having so much fun I have to get in on the action.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Formerly DoglessInSeattle

We love our chuckit. I can get the ball high enough for a good bounce. CeCe brings the ball back and drops it at my feet for a cookie. I don't have to bend over to get the ball and I never have to handle a goober-ball.

http://winkinblinkin.home.comcast.ne...PlaysBall.html

Old 03-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Lord Cynical

I absolutely love the Chuckit - it only really fits tennis balls though. Ilsa is such a big fan of the Chuckit, that she'll go for the STICK even if there's no ball in it.... observe:

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)