Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

Default If You Changed Your Dogs Name.....

So I guess this is to the members who have rescued or gotten dogs from breeders already named. Lol for those of you who changed your dogs names what were their original names. And why did you change it?

Maggie May- she was *shudder shudder shudder* Tootsie originally . I don't know if she came to the rescue with that name from the puppymill or if the rescue gave her that name. But im my opinion it was god awful lol and I had to change it. I already knew I was going to rename her whatever her name was because I just wanted to. Maggie May fits her so much more and its 100% better than Tootsie.

Tucker- Tuckers registered name is "Benny The Bull" which is what the breeder named him. So he came to us named Benny which my mom didn't like and really neither did I. My mom was trying to think of names and I was looking at my books and noticed one of my favorites "The Trouble With Tuck". I love the book its about a blind Labrador. So I threw the idea of Tucker around with my mom and it really seemed to fit his personality.

And even though she has passed away.

Pixie Stick- When we got Pixie from the shelter she had come there with the name Samantha. And though she was 8 years old there was no way we were keeping her named Samantha. Because im Samantha lol and it would just be weird and confusing. I wanted to give her a unique original name and I found Pixie Stick on a list and it just fit.
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 03-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Are you dead yet?

Zaphod was Carlos. I didn't like Carlos, he doesn't look like a Carlos nor does he act like one.

Zaphod, on the other hand, fits him a little too well. I shouldn't have named him after such a flamboyant character.

Dakota's breeder called him Buzz when he was with her. I thought it was cute, heh. I actually thought of naming him BRUISER before settling on Dakota. Ack. Poor dog.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Chloe's rescuer called her Brownie..

and then when I brought her home, I changed it to Chloe
Old 03-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Let it be

lol@Carlos

I only named Spanky out of my crew. Spanky is named after the Little Rascals. If I was to rename him it'd be Rascal. I'd probably change Miley's name if I wasn't so use to calling her by it. I usually call her Smiley, Miles or Smiles. I love Bandit's name. I use to hate it but I think it fits him so well.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:44 PM
My house is a zoo

Thunder was Corbin when I got him. I liked the name Corbin, but it just didn't really suit him.

Marley was Mo or "Mose" when we got him. Again, it just didn't fit him.

I named Sammy after my niece's dog that had passed away not long before Sammy was born, and John named Scooter because we got him a couple days before we took a road trip to pick up a Vespa scooter.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:47 PM
<--------Orson

Phoebe was known as Gazelle at the Humane Society, named for being QUITE a jumper

The kids renamed her on the ride home, they all 4 agreed on Phoebe Freckles, the middle name freckles of course because of her little black spots up and down her front legs and chest, LOL...........ah the mind of children
Old 03-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Top Dog

Chip was " Chip of Bubba " ( my line so kept it ) Ollie was Ollie on petfinder and by gollie it suited him !!! So jolly and full of folly !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 03-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Backward_Cinderella

Booger was originally Arteimus which I found too... mysterious for him. He's a rather obvious dog... not to mention a little snot, so he became Booger.
Bobbie, if the rescue we got her from didn't have rules about name changing, would have been Belle. I hate the name Bobbie because I had issues with a Bobby as a child, so we've been calling her Bobsie. Our next girl dog will be Belle, though, if it fits her *crosses fingers*
Old 03-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Snow Girl

At the breeder's OC was "Smiley" which is quite appropriate for him acrtually LOL

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 03-09-2008, 11:03 AM
swimming upstream

Baxter was named Goblin--which didn't suit him at all.