Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Top Dog

Default Weimeraner left in Garage during hot weather

Liz's husband was walking by the house that I told you all about that has the Weimeraner and they never walk it and always leave it in the garage and how we told her if she would let us, we would walk him. Well, it was 96 degrees here yesterday and they left him once again in it's cage in the garage like they always do. Greg told Liz and Liz called the police and animal control. It is just ridiculous that these people have this sweet, gorgeous dog and let him rot in the garage. Liz said it was out running around loose this morning far away from the house and she saw that his nails were overgrown so badly that his feet were bleeding. So she had enough and called animal control. She gave her name and everything in case they need her to testify. If animal control takes the dog, Liz said Greg's brother wants one really bad, and he would adopt him. I hope that happens because every dog deserves a good home.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Top Dog

Omigawd! I'm outraged! Please keep us posted on this situation!
Old 07-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Top Dog

I will let you know anything I find out about it. I hope that this dog gets a good home. No dog deserves that kind of cruel treatment.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:09 AM
poop

Heres a pic of mine

They can be a handful. My guess is its more dog than the owner can handle.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Top Dog

Wow! Look at that tongue!
Old 07-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatGuy
Heres a pic of mine

They can be a handful. My guess is its more dog than the owner can handle.

You are right. That just goes to show that people should research a dog before they go and buy one that does not fit their lifestyle. I can't stand when people buy a dog and say it is not what they expected, because that just means they didn't do their research on that breed. There is too much information out there on almost every breed you could ever want to make an ignorant and uniformed decision. I hope that this dog does not have to suffer anymore because of his owner's ignorance to have made an informed decision before she purchased this dog.

Oh ,and your dog is very handsome by the way. Since my dog has a tongue very very similar to that, I have quite an affection for pictures of dogs with tongues hanging down to the ground...

This is how it is when he is not hot, just a normal day...

http://www.puppybreak.com/1137
Old 07-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Top Dog

Poor dog I hope those people will get fined and they will take the dog!
Old 07-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Mixed Dog

One of my dog(chino) isnt allowed to live in the house because he's just too big, and he's not trained. But OUR garage is REALLY cool(meaning cold, or not hot). So when it's hot, he stays in there whole day, or we put him in there.

Dog abusers: Unwanted
+Dogs4[my]life+
Old 07-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Top Dog

Well, if it is cool it is one thing, some garages have air conditioning and some are in cooler climates, and some are under lots of big trees. Ours are in a new neighborhood, with hardly any trees right out in the blazing sun at 96 degrees. Liz said her garage gets about 10 degrees hotter than outside. She just blatantly does not take care of the dog, from what we have seen, and Liz just called animal control to check it out. They may find differently, but that is ok, b/c his life is worth them checking into it. Liz said his paws were bleeding from his toenails being too long, and that in itself is worth checking into.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Top Dog

My house is TOTALLY insulated (stone, too) and under a canopy of trees providing shade all day long. And the garage would STILL be WAY TOO HOT to leave a dog in. That's just called abuse!!! And it's in a cage?! Poor thing!