Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-30-2005, 11:02 PM
Active Pup

Default Tobi just got nuetered

We just took Tobi to get neutered yesterday, it was free since it was supposed to be included when we adopted him but it had not been done yet. I am a little curious though. Our other dog, Pepper, when he got neutered the stitches were infront of his male organ, and the doctor did a very good job of it that you could hardly see where it was stitched up.

Pepper also has no more testicles now.

However, for Tobi, the incision appears to be between his organ and his testicles. And his testicles still seem to be there. Are there different methods of neutering dogs? I'm a little confused. Also, Tobi has staples.. i wish he had the stitches taht dissolve.. We need to bring him back after about 2 weeks to have them removed.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:20 AM
Felurian

Showpugs can probably answer you best on the different methods. What appear to still be his testicles are just the sac left and will shrink before too long. I've never had one that had staples after neutering either.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-01-2005, 12:53 AM
Rusty but Trusty

yeah ours had some sort of glue or something that the vet used (so we don't have to go back). His is like that too though, at first I didn't even think he was neutered. They will go away though. For the first couple days they will be very swollen but then they will start to shrink.

Old 07-01-2005, 06:35 AM
Don't encourage me..

I know they vasectomise (basically cut and tie the tubes) some dogs, especially in showing circles as you cannot show your dog if your dog has been neutered. Gus had regular stitches but when Katelina was hit by a car she had staples! They are better as there is no risk of infection and they don't have to be pulled out like stitches! They come out really easily!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 07-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Active Pup

Those staples kind of creep me out. They look so surgical.

We had to put a cone on Tobi to get him to stop licking them, i feel so bad for the poor guy.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Top Dog

You'll be fine. Staples might be better than stitches so maybe they're less inclined to pull them out. Hunter had HUGE BALLIES after he was neutered, the were so swollen -- poor baby! I thought... I thought they took them out!!!??? But they do, and just leave the "sacks" which are swollen afterwards for awhile. Then his swollen "ballies" shrunk down and he had flaps that we called "pancakes" for awhile But with time, those go down, too....
Old 07-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Puppy Dog

Neutering. Ouch. Hehehehehe