Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-30-2005, 06:10 PM
Bernese Mountain Dog!

Default labradors's exercise plan

Hi.i have some questions about the labrador breed.

when the labrador is a full grown dog, meaning that his/her bones have fully grown, and they are able to be taken jogging etc for longer periods of time, is this exercise plan ok?

7:15-7:30 moring walk.
12:00-12:10 lunch break for a toilet break
4:00-4:35 main run around,off the leesh.
9:00-9:15 last walk outside/toilet.

the dog will also be let out in the garden for toilet and to play,but those above are the main walks on leesh and one off leesh,which will be at a park.is that ok for a lab?

thanks
Old 06-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Top Dog

Sounds pretty good to me, but each dog's needs will vary a little. Labs, especially when they are young are VERY energetic. I would recommend that you get some interactive toys as well for your pooch to keep him/her busy when you are away. Overall, this sounds good to me Are you planning on getting a lab?
Old 07-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Bernese Mountain Dog!

so far a lab or a golden ret,but we still have alot of time to decide.we need to be 100% sure before we get one.in terms of exercise does a golden ret need less than above?or the same amount?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Rusty but Trusty

about the same, I would say. Although I have heard goldens are a little more laid back than the labs. I have a lab puppy and she is OFF THE WALL about 75% of the time (and the other 25% of the time she's sleeping...LOL). She's a GREAT puppy she is a really fast learner and is REALLY eager to learn as well.