Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-30-2005, 10:48 AM
Felurian

Part of Abby's unwillingness to listen right now is probably her age. They get some teenager-ish behaviours when they're 'that age' Kharma would ignore us, then when she'd finally turn to look at us she'd give us that blank adolescent stare! It was maddening!

Fran ~ yep, they're really something . . . I'm just not sure WHAT sometimes!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-30-2005, 10:55 AM
no touchy

My girls wrestle with eachother a lot. They take turns being top dog, nipping at the other dog's ears and such. If one of them decides it's too much, they'll let the other dog know, they get up and walk off or give a little, "hey, quit it" growl. Generally my dogs are pretty tolerant.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Top Dog

Yeah Boris and Tips act the same way. It's just really scary when Boris nibbles at Tips' back, or grabs his ears, I'm always worried he's going to hurt him as he's 10 times bigger. Tips yelps when it's too much, and nips at him in return, I just don't have any experience to know if he's just playing or if he got really hurt and is mad at Boris.

Very good point about collars. I will remove them as well once the dogs are big enough not to be supervized all the time when together. But I worry about them escaping, like Showpugs, and even if they are microchipped, it's stressful to know that nobody might even bother looking if they happen to escape from the yard (which is fenced, but you never know).
Old 06-30-2005, 11:08 AM
no touchy

If I feel it's getting to rough, I tell them, "Hey!" and make them take a five minute break/timeout. Colby can be quite rough with Mayberry, and though May is usually gentle, she's tackled Colby to the ground before and sat on her LOL.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:11 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
If I feel it's getting to rough, I tell them, "Hey!" and make them take a five minute break/timeout. Colby can be quite rough with Mayberry, and though May is usually gentle, she's tackled Colby to the ground before and sat on her LOL.
My wolfhound/mastiff cross puppy tried to sit on one of my pugs the other day. Sad thing is, is I am still not sure if he knew he was sitting on a pug LOL! I could have died laughing, but instead, had to be a good mom and free my pug from the huge tooshy that was on him
Old 06-30-2005, 11:36 AM
no touchy

LOL!! May weighs about ten pounds more than Colby does. I remember one time, May was just relaxing, sitting by our deck, sniffing the air, when Colby rain up and started play attacking her. She bit her chest, ears, etc., trying to get May to play with her. After about five minutes of this, May leaped up, nipped Colby, tackled her to the ground, and proudly sat on her. Colby wriggled around, squealing and hitting May's stomach with her paws. May just sat there as if nothing had happened.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
LOL!! May weighs about ten pounds more than Colby does. I remember one time, May was just relaxing, sitting by our deck, sniffing the air, when Colby rain up and started play attacking her. She bit her chest, ears, etc., trying to get May to play with her. After about five minutes of this, May leaped up, nipped Colby, tackled her to the ground, and proudly sat on her. Colby wriggled around, squealing and hitting May's stomach with her paws. May just sat there as if nothing had happened.
I wish I could use the above method for dealing with people that annoy me LOL