Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Member Introductions

Old 08-06-2004, 07:49 AM
Felurian

Ohhhh! You've opened the floodgates with that question about Pits! Even those of us who don't have them here will jump on every opportunity to dispel the ridiculous 'vicious breed' propaganda out there, and you've just asked the magic question.

May I say we appreciate the fact that you obviously want to know the truth and aren't one of those people who just closes their minds!

Pits, as a breed, were never meant to be human aggressive. They are typically, as a breed, intelligent and tenacious and want to be very friendly, playful creatures when raised properly, with kindness, love, consistency, responsible training and socialization. If you've looked at Ti_Ashmore's pictures in the gallery, you'll notice that Bula also lives with a little Boston Terrier named Dixie and you can see from the photos that they get along perfectly well - probably better than most kids! (lol) There's a photo in Onael's gallery of his gorgeous black Pit, Chyna, snoozing on the couch cuddled up to his little girl. That's really the true essence of the well-bred, properly raised Pit.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Active Pup

RENEE750IL,
I didnt mean to open any flood-gates or step on any toes. I`ve never known anyone that owned a pitbull. I was just wondering. I remember back in the late 70`s when my husband and I got married, we bought a Doberman Pincher and there was alot of hoopla over the Dobermans being mean to. The Doberman we had was`nt mean at all. "YEP>>>I`M OPEN MINDED".
Old 08-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Active Pup

SERENA,
I agree. But thats with all your BREEDS. All your breeds may have some flaw in any generation, that may cause it to be mean, with or without being raised in a loving home. My inlaws had a "since I don`t know how to spell the word I`ll say" TACO BELL dog...lol". They were loving to her, but she was mean. At times she`d growl, snap & bite. I think the MEDIA plays a big role in the hoopla over the big dogs like DOBERMANS & PITBULLS etc. You don`t ever hear about the little dogs. But, most people are`nt afraid of the little dogs, like they are the big dogs. ASHLEY, sure did have a reason to be very aggresive. She sounds like a very very "GOOD" dog. Again, I really think the "MEDIA" has alot to do with the "HOOPLA".
Old 08-07-2004, 08:25 AM
Felurian

My1Boxer -

Serena and I are always thrilled when someone open-minded asks an honest question that lets us get up on our soapboxes and rave awhile. (lol) One of our (many) favorite raves is the much maligned Pit Bull, but there are so many lovely, wonderful breeds that get slandered because of a few reprehensible owners who shouldn't be allowed to have a pet rock.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:30 AM
Top Dog

Boxers are such great dogs. Brady has one down the street that he loves. Her name is Sadie, and she is mostly white with brown patches around her eyes. she is so sweet, and she gets so excited when Brady and I come to see her that she always pees on the driveway (she is still a puppy, but a big one!). She is a sweet girl. Sorry to get off the topic about the pits, but I get so upset when I hear people being mean and lighting animals on fire. Just yesterday I saw on the news here (Tennessee) that 2 BOYS (i am talking like 13 year olds) were trying to fnd this puppy a home, and when they couldn't find it a home they tried to drown it, and when it survived that, they put it on the grill and set it on fire and it died. I was literally in tears (VERY ANGRY ONES) before I had to go to work yesterday. That just disgusts me that those kids did that, but you can see where they learned it from because their dad got arrested because he went over to the person's house who turned the kids in and assaulted them and attacked them (physically). So some people in this world just shouldn't have pets OR kids, like that man. See, now I am on a ranting spree. I told you, I find it very upsetting, but I guess most people do. I cry even when i watch Animal precinct on animal planet. My husband must hate it when i watch that.

Last edited by bogolove; 08-07-2004 at 09:41 AM.