Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 07-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Rusty but Trusty

Default Who do these ingredients look?

Ok, my neighbors are switching their puppy's food. They gave me the ingredients from the product they are switching too, haven't said the brand though. Do they sound ok to people here? Can anyone tell me what they think they would be feeding their dog (brand)?

Chicken Meal, Whole Brown Rice, Rice Bran, Lamb Meal, Poultry Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Ground Rice, Sunflower Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Flaxseed, Natural Flavors, Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Sun-cured Alfalfa Meal, Salmon Meal, Oatmeal, Tomato Pomace, Fish Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Potassium Chloride, Cranberry Powder, Dried Egg Product, L-Lysine, Vitamin E Supplement, Dried Kelp Meal, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Taurine, Dried Bacillus licheniformis Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Extract, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Biotin, L-Carnitine, Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Niacin, Garlic, Calcium Iodate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Vitamin A Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Copper Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Beta-Carotene, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Folic Acid.

Old 07-03-2005, 03:24 AM
Quigleyfied

that's nutro natural ultra puppy food isn't it?

it's not a horrible food, but outrageously expensive for the quality it offers. you can get true premium products made with human-grade ingredients that contain more quality meat protein for the same amount of money or even less.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 07-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Rusty but Trusty

I don't know that's why I was asking. They emailed me ingredients but wouldn't tell me the brand. I don't think they wanted me to know. I'll ask them if that's the brand though, hopefully they won't have a heartattack if it's right. "D***, you're good," If your suggestion was right Mordy.