Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-29-2005, 08:41 PM
Stare at my avatar....

Petsitting usually is when a family is traveling for a few days (or months) and can't bring their pets. What you do is you go to that persons house while they are traveling every day (sometimes twice or three times a day) and care for their pets.This may include feeding, water-change, walk, litter box change, batheing, cage-cleaning, excersizing, playing, transporting, giving medical treatment(if instructed to do so), and any other tasksthe owner asks you to do. To start a business, first check with your parents. Then make bright flyers with information like your phone number and th eprice of the service. Put them up all over your neighboorhood. Don't forget pet stores,vet clinics, dog parks and such. Then just wait for a call. The best times to put your flyers upis in summer vacation and winter and spring break or long weekends, when most people travel. You might want to checkout these links

http://www.committment.com/huffe.html
http://www.vipp.org/education/petsit.htm
http://www.pet-sitters.biz/tips_star...t_sitting_.cfm

If you need anymore help, send me a message

It's all fun and games until someone loses and eyeball...then it's PING PONG!!!

Dain bramaged
Old 06-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Top Dog

I admire you for wanting to do something. It's too bad because of your age it's hard for you. You might check with vets near you or boarding kennels who could use an extra hand for some one to add some TLC.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:23 PM
Active Pup

Thanks everyone for their suggestions. I am considering being a Dog Walker, but I have yet another question. I was wondering how I will able to get clients, because I have no experience in owning a dog. ( I hopefully will be able to get my own dog in the upcoming months). I have taken care of my aunt's dog and walked him aswell. Why would they want me walking there dog If I don't have any experience owning one?
Old 06-30-2005, 09:53 AM
no touchy

Quote:
I am considering being a Dog Walker, but I have yet another question. I was wondering how I will able to get clients, because I have no experience in owning a dog. ( I hopefully will be able to get my own dog in the upcoming months). I have taken care of my aunt's dog and walked him aswell. Why would they want me walking there dog If I don't have any experience owning one?
If I were you, I would list my experiences with dogs. When I wrote a letter to my neighbor, who was having big problems with her dogs, I told her my experience with dogs - walking my dogs, feeding them, etc..
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.