Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
Madison is the SAME way. I have tried 3 or 4 different brands she hates them all. She would rather suck on her hands any day. When she was first born and in the hospital nursery she would use the Nuk one that they gave her, but then she started refusing all specifiers after I began breast feeding. I have always wondered how women get their babies to use a pacifier, lol.
Why would you WANT your baby too.... eek.. see too many dependant toddlers with deformed growing teeth.

YAK.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 02-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Top Dog

Dizzy, there are pluses to it if you can wean them off of it before they start getting all their teefs.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Dizzy, there are pluses to it if you can wean them off of it before they start getting all their teefs.
I know there are some positives, but most people just bung em in the babies gob to shut them up.

They lead to all kinds of issues..... Most people don't use them wisely and as a short term solution, they don't look for WHY baby is crying, and you'll find these kids sucking on dummies at 3 years old, teeth coming through, bawling when they can't have the dummy. And it's not just the odd one or 2 parents... it's LOADS!!

Your decision at the end of the day, but that is MY opinion. Noone has to agree.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 02-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Top Dog

i agree. nothing drives me more insane than a crying 4 year old and a parent who shoves a binky it's in gob to shut it up.

UH, your KID (not baby. KID) should probably be able to SPEAK to you and ASK for what it wants or needs by now....

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-24-2008, 09:39 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
LOl yep. shes so much like me in how she acts its crazy she may look like him mostly but shes all me LOL.
And of course you know that her looks can and probably WILL change on a weekly basis, LOL

She may end up LOOKING just like you too! As soon as her dark hair lightens, and her skin lightens I bet you will be amazed at how much you both resemble one another
Old 02-24-2008, 09:41 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
I know there are some positives, but most people just bung em in the babies gob to shut them up.
Well THAT is why I TRIED to use them! ROFL!! ANYTHING TO GET A LITTLE MORE SLEEP! hahahaha........but alas my boys were greedy and didn't want to be fooled.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:43 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Dr's say that pacifiers at night can actually help reduce SIDS as well.

and what is the difference between a toddler with a paci or a toddler that thumb sucks? Both are terrible for the teeth but the thumb can't be taken away.

and the paci's arent the problem... it is parents that don't want to deal with their kids.

Hannah uses one because she LOVES to suck even when she is not hungry.... and sucking helps relieve the pain of teething as well.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-24-2008, 09:18 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
And of course you know that her looks can and probably WILL change on a weekly basis, LOL

She may end up LOOKING just like you too! As soon as her dark hair lightens, and her skin lightens I bet you will be amazed at how much you both resemble one another
I dont want her to look like me LOL I like the fact that she looks like her daddy there needs to be some variation in my family LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Dr's say that pacifiers at night can actually help reduce SIDS as well.

and what is the difference between a toddler with a paci or a toddler that thumb sucks? Both are terrible for the teeth but the thumb can't be taken away.

and the paci's arent the problem... it is parents that don't want to deal with their kids.

Hannah uses one because she LOVES to suck even when she is not hungry.... and sucking helps relieve the pain of teething as well.
I use one for the same reason, she would suck my finger all day if i let her.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 02-24-2008, 09:36 PM
We are Home.

Heres a new pic and i have a video I will get up as soon as its downloaded.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 02-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
Heres a new pic and i have a video I will get up as soon as its downloaded.

Hehe she's just chilling. Lol so cute.
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)