Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 02-20-2008, 07:16 AM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilavati View Post
There's definately the creepy aspect there . . . I don't adopt look-a-like animals for that reason. Though piebald animals don't have the same markings at their clone parents . . .

What really disturbs me about this, is that since people pay for it . . . odds are, no matter how many times you tell them, they think they're getting the same animal . . . or one so similar they won't be able to tell. As we know from human identical twins, however, genetic duplicates are not exactly alike, or even necessiarly all that similar. And clones are LESS alike than identical twins . . . they don't share mitochondrial DNA, they have different womb enviroments (which makes a difference in terms of which genes are switched on). Cloning breeding stock makes some sense . . . but cloning companion animals really doesn't . . . unless people are happy with the illusion. But it stikes me as unfair to the cloned animal . . . and a scam on the prospective owner . . . that on some level everyone wants the dead animal back . . . not a mere genetic duplicate . . .

Now, cloning children, that REALLY gives me the creeps. Unlike a dog, that will never know that you want it to be just like its genetic donor . . . a child will know. And people will be unable to help themselves from wanting this child to be just like the last one . . . . UGH . . .
Ewww cloning children.. the ultimate in creepy. I am not sure though what effect mDNA would make on a clone. all the mitochondria does (lol that we know of) is help with cellular respiration.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:49 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Yup just what i need another mentaly retarded howls like a hound back talking duck retrieving doberman that ran into my car so hard she dented it running around. on second thought that could be entertaining. lmao

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 02-20-2008, 04:00 PM
koda bear

Yea I think I would rather not muck with such things. Like someone else mentioned there are plenty of other dogs out there and when i move out im gonna probably adopt another dog.