Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-29-2005, 02:17 PM
Corgi bum

Awww Smkie...I'm so sorry to hear about your pup!!!

Yes...this puppy will have a good home, whether he stays with me or my daughter. Those are the only options!!
Old 06-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Corgi bum

I also wanted to tell you that it's kind of funny, but this was the pup that I almost kept. It's ironic that I'm ending up with him. I'm happy to get him back.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaluvscorgis
I also wanted to tell you that it's kind of funny, but this was the pup that I almost kept. It's ironic that I'm ending up with him. I'm happy to get him back.
He was obviously meant for you!! Destiny strikes again!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 06-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Corgi bum

It sure seems that way, doesn't it? If he didn't already have a name, Destiny might be a good one.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:52 PM
Top Dog

A happy ending ! Smkie, I too sent all those things with my pups, and all kept me updated....just this week I found a card Chip's owners had sent me when he was about 6 months old.....so pleased as the only one I had was his 8 week picture.!
Old 06-29-2005, 04:56 PM
Love my pets

I think in time and with a lot of love the pup will be happy being with your daughter. I'm glad the person at least had the sense to contact you before bringing the pup to a shelter. I wish people would get into their heads that training a pup takes time and patience, and if they don't want to spend the time, don't get a dog. I'm glad this pup will have a good home now.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:03 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaluvscorgis
Judy, Kharma's breeder, wanted to keep the reverse brindle male out of the litter Kharma was born in, but a man who had had one of her dogs before really wanted him, so she let the guy buy Oliver. She found out a few weeks later that this guy had lied to her about what happened to the other dog; it had actually died of neglect, and he had little Oliver tied out in the yard to a stake. She drove 70 miles, snatched Oliver up, left the money for a refund (which I wouldn't have done!) in the screen door and left.

So now she has Oliver - the pup she wanted to keep - back home where he belongs. Sometimes you just need to follow your instincts, especially when it comes to keeping a pup!

So glad the little feller is coming home where he belongs!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-30-2005, 12:13 AM
Big German Shepherd

Aw, that's terrible... dying of neglect..

She did a good thing though!
Old 06-30-2005, 01:58 AM
Felurian

I'm really proud of Judy. All of her dogs have house time and are spoiled rotten, even though she's probably got more than she can realistically handle, lol! Several of her Filas are dogs that were being abandoned. Too many people don't realize what they're getting into with these dogs and will spend huge amounts of money to buy one, then when they can't handle them and become afraid of the dogs they bail. Rescuing a dog with an in-bred aversion to strangers isn't like bringing home a Lab from the shelter! It can get tricky!

She and her husband can't even take vacations together anymore. They have to trade off so one of them can stay and take care of the dogs. Now that's dedication!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian