Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Corgi bum

Default I'm getting one of Chloe's puppies back

Hi everyone,

Chloe's last puppy that was sold is coming back to us. The lady who bought him was going to take him to the animal shelter if I didn't take him back!! He isn't potty trained yet, and she is buying a new house and doesn't want the mess. It really upsets me, because I talked to her about all of these things when I sold him to her. I'm glad that he's coming home though to be honest, because I think she had banished him to the back yard, and that isn't any way for him to have to live.

My daughter, Jaime who is moving to Texas next month, would like to have him, but I'm concerned about the hot & humid climate there, and how he would adapt to that, having such a hot coat. Does anyone have some input on that?

Thanks...I'll let you all know when I get him.

Dena
Old 06-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Top Dog

Oh Dena! I am so sorry! I would be so mad too, in fact I am really mad about it! I can't believe she would do that to the puppy! What a horrible witchy person!

How thick will the puppy's coat be? Texas does get hot, but as long as she was going to keep him inside and the weather is nice there during the fall and winter.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:41 PM
no touchy

That's horrible! There are so many mean people .

I've been to Texas a few times...they have pretty nice weather spring, fall and winter, but gosh summer is HORRIBLE.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Top Dog

It sucks. No other way to put it. It makes me mad to see how many people are clueless about how much work a puppy is...

For Texas, summers suck, but if they have AC I guess it would be ok depending on whether the dogs need lot of excercise or not.. What breed is it? (I should know, I just get confused with all the people here ).
Old 06-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Corgi bum

Corgi's do require a fair amount of exercise to keep them fit. My Corgi is overweight since having puppies and getting spayed.

It seems that most of the housing that my daughter is looking at has a/c so that is nice. He would have such a great home with my daughter. She wanted him in the first place, but the place she lives in now doesn't allow animals..LOL She has two cats though.

I just feel so bad for him emotionally, because that lady is his family, and she is abandoning him. That does really suck.

I'm going to go get him this weekend.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Top Dog

Well, I'm glad that that person isn't keeping him, under the circumstances. She sounds like a nut. Who gets a dog and then changes their mind like it's a piece of clothing? Why don't people see that this is a living creature who needs a life? Grrrrrr!!!

I think if your daughter loves dogs like you do, she'd be perfect. She'll have to be careful of the heat and not leave him outside of the a.c. areas when it's super hot and exercise would have to be done in the evenings or early mornings....like here in the hot part of summer.

And, don't worry about him adapting to a new family or home. Dogs don't take long at all. They just need to know they have someone to provide for them and love them and viola! They're happy again. And he'll be a much happier pup with someone who truly wants him. Everything will fall into place. Good luck....let us know.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:04 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i know just how you feel..at least the pup is still alive and returning to you. When Mary had her pups there was one that if i was picking for my boss, this speckled pup would have been the one i would have brought him. OMg was it ever smart. The family came as a recomendation from a friend so i let them have him. They said he died on Christmas day. They said he had distemper which is not true because i not only vaccinated but boosted before the pup ever left. It broke my heart and i am still angry about it. I hope your daughter takes the pup. Texas mornings and evenings are probably cool enuff for good romps and walks, and with ac i think the pup would be just fine. That way you know it would get the home the puppy deserves.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 06-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Top Dog

Oh Smkie that really sucks
Old 06-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Don't encourage me..

Some people!! But at least this story has a happy ending! He won't be ending up at a shelter it sounds like he will be much better off back where he belongs with you and your daughter!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 06-29-2005, 03:13 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i know you feel the same way, the pups born in your care are a part of your family. just because they leave doesn't change how you feel about them. I gave every one that took a pup a folder with all the shot records, the pedigree of both parents, photos from new born to 8 weeks AND a stamped envelope that had my address on it requesting a photo of the pup when it grew up. I only charged 35 dollars for each pup to cover the cost of vaccines and food. I thought asking for a photo wasn't a big thing and that they would be happy to..not one single person sent a pic. I told each one that if for any reason they couldn't keep the pup at any time to contact me and i would take them back. i wish they would have let me know how their dog was when it grew up, they were all Bronki's siblings, and you all know how i felt about him. i am sooooo glad you are getting the pup back. If you found out later that she just dumped it in a shelter and you didn't know you would be sick in your heart.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,