Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

Default Your Dogs and cats

So how are your dogs when it comes to cats? And visa versa? Maggie could honestly careless she really would rather ignore them than give them the privilege of her attention. There are far too important things to think about like treats and cuddles lol. Which in Smidgeons eyes makes her all the better for pouncing on because she won't react.

Now Tucker loves loves LOVES cats of any kind. It is pretty disgusting really. If there is a kitten around he must shower them in sloppy kisses until they are soaked in Tucker spit lol. He also is over for a light wrestle with Smidgeon or game of chase. You know Tucker bounds playfully at one of the cats and then he runs and they chase after. Like I said its disgusting lmao.

Smidgeon loves both Maggie and Tucker. He rubs up and down their bodies constantly and is always looking for one of them to play. Even when we found him at 4 weeks he had no fear of the dogs he just wanted to play. Wicked gets along fine but isn't into the playing really. And sometimes she gets annoyed with overly friendly needy Tucker. Quincy lol on the other hand. I am totally against declawing cats I mean I think its awful. But he came to us that way. I just have to say for Tuckers sake its a good thing. Because he has yet to convert Quincy to the "I LOVE DOGS" club lol. And he has been attacked twice by Quincy for getting too close. Attacks that would have been messy if not for Quincy having no front claws. Honestly Tucker is now terrified of that big white smooshy faced thing LOL.
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)

Last edited by PixieSticksandTricks; 02-17-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Top Dog

I haven't had a cat in a few years living in the house, my old cat died. But we have had strays come around, we feed them and the dogs don't bother them. But then I wouldn't leave the dogs alone with a cat just in case.

Petie likes them, he also doesn't care if a cat is in the agility ring while he is training, its good distraction training lol. I accidently locked Petie in his crate at the indoor arena where I train in the winter with a kitten. Both stretched out beside each other looking out of the crate when I came back into the heated tackroom. Good boy Petie.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Top Dog

They love eachother. They all play all the time. The cat does kinda act like a dog, though. He comes when I call him and he will sit on command
Old 02-17-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam111 View Post
They love eachother. They all play all the time. The cat does kinda act like a dog, though. He comes when I call him and he will sit on command
Lol Wicked and Smidgeon are the same way. Quincy is too high and mighty to act like a dog though. Wicked can sit and beg up on command hehe.
And aunt to-
Grace
Old 02-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Let it be

The dogs

Bandit: Could care less.

Spanky: Is motion sensitive so if they are running around will get up and chase them. He can be called off though or if you catch him before it starts tell him no and he won't.

Miley: Love them. They are closer to her size. She enjoys that.

The Cats

Spazz: Hates all beings besides humans. Growls, screams and spits at them if they get too close. Will attack if she cannot run off. I did see her and Miley cuddled up to each other the other night which was odd. Miley was squashed under the bulk of Spazz. For all I know Spazz was actually trying to kill her.

Bella: LOVES THE DOGS! Thinks they are her personal play toys. She is cuddling with Spanky right now, her and Miley are best friends and she tries to get Bandit to play with her but he isn't very tolerant.

I lucked out. Spanky was horrible with cats at first but one swipe from Spazz ended his attempt to eat her. She's a tough cookie.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Felurian

They have THEIR cats . . . and then there are OTHER cats. OTHER, non-family member cats get run off if they have the chance.

Gracie, my mother's little cat, however, takes a dim view of the dogs, especially Kharma. I think it has, in Gracie's mind, more to do with Kharma being another female than anything else, since Gracie tries to get Bimmer to play with her. Bimmer, quite wisely, doesn't trust Gracie one little bit.

Kharma has been trying to get Gracie to play with her though. Gracie's beginning to warm up to her. I think she's got it figured out that Kharma might be a good ally to have, even though they've had differences. Bimmer got after Kharma for something one night and Gracie jumped in on his side and got up into the middle of Kharma's back. Kharma has, strangely enough, forgiven her. She's not usually that forgiving . . . she's usually a grand champion grudge holder, lol.

Gomez will weave in and out of Kharma's legs. Which makes her very nervous He's perfectly happy to let Bimmer clean his ears and face though.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-17-2008, 11:42 PM
Snow Girl

My boys love cats! They taste particularily good at breakfast time

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 02-17-2008, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc_spirit View Post
My boys love cats! They taste particularily good at breakfast time
Lol I knew it was only a matter of time .
And aunt to-
Grace
Old 02-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Snow Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieSticksandTricks View Post
Lol I knew it was only a matter of time .
LOL! I must admit though, OC can be in the same room with a cat and have it live so long as he is being watched. Ronan on the other hand, he could contain himself up until the cat moves. Then it's all over.

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 02-18-2008, 12:04 AM
Top Dog

Winston likes to sniff them, but then ignores them. Morgan has an incredibly high prey drive and I'd never trust her around a cat. Dance hasn't had any cat experiences in a long time, but she used to be afraid of them. Not sure if she still is or not. Keira's breeder has a cat, but I don't think he was around the puppies often, so I'm not sure how she reacts to cats. Being so young though, she'd probably just want to play with it.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN