Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Top Dog

Yep, they are, sofa, beds etc. They move when asked and without complaint and they get down the same way. No problems.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:55 PM
High Maintenance

Zoe has her own chair. She needs firm boundaries and she's not allowed on anything expect "her" chair without being invited.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Chloe is allowed on the furniture in my room but not any other..
Old 02-17-2008, 10:10 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
Sort of. My Dad invites Winston up sometimes, but we prefer not to have the dogs on the couch. There's not enough room for everyone and my mom and I are mildly allergic to dogs, and having Doberman and Rottie hairs on the couch can be very irritating because of that.
Morgan is not allowed on the furniture for the same reason. My husband is mildly allergic. As long as he doesn't roll around on the floor he is perfectly fine, but dog hair on the couch is definitely a no-no for him. As for me, I don't personally care either way, but I grew up in a house with 5 dogs that were never allowed on the furniture, so it just seems natural to me that they stay on the floor.

Besides, as soon as Morgan grows into his crate he's probably going to end up with a bed that is nicer than ours (right now he just has a blanket), so I doubt he is going to complain any.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Top Dog

Yep, they are allowed on all the furniture and they sleep in my bed
Old 02-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Snow Girl

My dogs aren't allowed on any furniture (whether here at home or at somebody else's) unless invited.

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 02-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Mine are required to be on the furniture - especially a bed or a couch. I use a "climb" command, and they have to get up there and stay on it. It keeps them out of the garbage, the wires, the walls. But they are expected to follow some rules to being up there - like moving over if I want to be there, and if they are rude or rank, they get kicked off and either put on a down stay on the floor ( a lot less fun) or put in a crate (even less fun).

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 02-18-2008, 12:29 AM
and Fozzie B!

I used to attempt the only when invited thing, for furniture... But it just isn't realistic, for me. Fozzie is so picky about being comfortable, and he would be on the couch 90% of the time when we got home. So, rather than be inconsistent, I decided to allow them on it whenever. BUT, they HAVE TO get off the second they are asked to, and they cannot jump onto people sitting on the couch.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 02-18-2008, 12:42 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Ozzy is pretty much allowed on every piece of furniture we own. Except my mothers bed, and the computer chair, which belonged to my grandmother. Everything else is fair game and is treated as such.

Unless he is invited onto my mothers bed, or the chair, he doesn't get on those. He doesn't like the automan footstool thing we have, but he loves my brothers bed, my bed and the couch. He will get down if asked too.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Top Dog

My three are allowed only when invited.