Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-17-2008, 04:22 PM
<--------Orson

Yes, they are allowed anywhere they want to be.

When we first got the new leather furniture they weren't allowed and they slowly wore me down..........same with the new bed
Old 02-17-2008, 04:34 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
No surprises there

Does Bella give you the traumatized, long face when you move her so you can sit down?
Haha, no. We just sit on her and then she resigns herself to moving her lazy fila butt, lol.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Top Dog

Mine are allowed on all furniture. They have big squishy beds so most of the time they prefer those.

Thanks Steveinski!
Old 02-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Lord Cynical

As of right now, yes they're allowed on all furniture. I could see that changing though, when I get new furniture. But I don't know how I'm going to keep them off of the new stuff when we're not at home - and Ilsa is a bonafinde couch/bed dog. Hmmmm...

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 02-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Ditto Elegy. My dogs are allowed on all the furniture whenever they want and we've never had a problem with getting off when asked.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Let it be

I personally have never had a problem but I have seen others have issues with Bandit and because I live with other people I think it's rude to let the dog who can prove to be difficult up on the couches.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
As of right now, yes they're allowed on all furniture. I could see that changing though, when I get new furniture. But I don't know how I'm going to keep them off of the new stuff when we're not at home - and Ilsa is a bonafinde couch/bed dog. Hmmmm...
LMAO! Check out my thread about Kharma's obsession and you'll realize how futile that is . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Your Mom

Ye-up. I can't sleep at night if Wally isn't snuggled under the covers with me.

But both of my dogs have earned their right to be on the furniture. For Wally it took a while, seeing as how his first night at my house his teeth grazed my cheek when I tried to crawl into MY bed . . .

Oldham's Goddess of War CGC, PSA1, CL1-F "Teeny"
Connors' Baloo CGC, TT "Blue"
Old 02-17-2008, 07:42 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Rumor needs to be invited on my bed, but everything else is pretty much fair game. If I want to use the sofa, she knows to get down. And if I'm already on the sofa, she usually waits for an invitation before hopping up. I've allowed her to sit at the kitchen table a few times, more as a joke than anything. She knows better than to steal my food, which is surprising. As a puppy she nearly demolished an entire platter of food at a party.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:42 PM
swimming upstream

well, Baxter is curled up on the sofa next to me right now...soo..yeah . Traveler pretty much prefers the floor. At night, Baxter sleeps next to me in bed (lol--didn't start off that way--but it works!). The key to it all is he knows if I (or anyone else) tells him to move, he needs to move. So it does work ok.