Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-28-2005, 11:36 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Default I'm in love with a dog I haven't even met yet

Ok, I'm just cruising along on petfinder.com when I see a picture of this BEAUTIFUL dog! She's a Brittany Spaniel mix. She has the most expressive face I have ever seen. I filled out an application, hopefully she is still able to be adopted. I'm in love with her and I haven't even met her yet. Does anyone know anything about Brittany's. I am going to do A LOT of research if I hear back from this rescue. I just loved her though. Good thing is she's already housebroken, crate trained, and spayed . My hubby will probably be mad if I go look at yet another dog but there was just something about her and her picture just made me want to meet her.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:58 PM
Felurian

I've heard they tend to be very sweet tempered, easy going dogs, but you probably shouldn't take my word for it. I think mine are sweet, and Filas have laughingly been called 'alligators with fur!'

They really aren't though - they are quite sweet and lovely family dogs . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-29-2005, 12:01 AM
Rusty but Trusty

Yeah the foster said she was really sweet, still alittle active because she's young. But they said she's good with kids, and ALL kinds of animals. I have my fingers crossed but I doubt a dog like her will still be available.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:52 AM
Top Dog

I'll cross my fingers for you, I was in the same situation last week. I love Brittany Spaniels too. I knew one when I was a kid and she was really nice, I was not so nice with her and she never complained, lol. I even stole and got rid of a chew toy she was playing with once, because she was irritating me, I still feel bad about it... I was 5 I think.

Let us know when you hear from them!
Old 06-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I called the rescue place today. They recieved my applications and are still considering me. They need to meet my dogs and see where we will be keeping the dog (if we rescue from them). We're probably going to be moving though so I don't want to bring them to this house (it has no fenced yard and the house itself is REALLY small). The suspense is killing me.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Top Dog

Good Luck!
Old 07-01-2005, 02:00 PM
Active Pup

Hahahahahaaaa
Dats good 4 u
I Been there done dat...Yup

well good luck with ur thing

Get ur free FORUM at www.myboards.com
Old 07-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Top Dog

Any news?
Old 07-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Well the dog I like is still available (yeah). The adoption agency wants her to meet with our other dogs, and make sure they get along. I'm sort of nervous that Shelby's gonna get one of her additude problems but all I can do is cross my fingers with her. They also want to see the house that we are going to be moving into. They want to see the yard is fenced and that it's big enough to hold all the dogs. Then they want to have us spay her before she leaves the foster home. They said it's no problem if we want to bring her to stay in our house now for a short time before we move, but they will check up on us a week after we are suppose to move and make sure we really are where we said we would be.

Old 07-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Top Dog

Nice! Keep us posted