Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Top Dog

Default classes!

Hehe, I'm taking Eikon to his first puppy socialization class in about half an hour! Ironically, I'm the one that's all excited and getting the butterflies-in-your-stomache feeling while he's jollilly prancing around downstairs.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

LOL Hope it's fun for both of you!
Old 06-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I hope your puppy has fun. I like taking my older puppy to puppy classes, and I know he likes playing with the other dogs.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Top Dog

Let us know how it went !! Fun time !!
Old 06-29-2005, 12:38 AM
Top Dog

Well I just got back from the class! What an experience as well! My puppy was so shy at first, didn't even want to go inside the place. I had to carry him in and down the stairs, he's getting heavy too! After his little shy episode, he started becoming his loud usual self. He was having a convo with another dog during the introduction, and during the puppy pass he was so rambunctious. I swear I heard someone say "he's like the energizer bunny", and I bet it was directed to my puppy, cause my puppy is the most hyperactive pup there. Kept biting and running around the people. The other dogs there were adorable, none of them bit people, only mine =| which was embarrasing, to say the least. Lol. There was this big rottie, even though she was a pup she was still very big. I loved that rottie, so adorable. Hmm.. what else. They tought us 'off' and 'take it', but my pup already knew that, just not from those terms. I used 'wait' and 'okay', I also taught my pup to look at me before he gets to eat the treat. So yeah! Bout it I guess. another class in a week!

Oh, I also noticed Eikon's a bit bigger now from eating all those milk bones for training!

Last edited by ohmai; 06-29-2005 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:49 AM
Top Dog

I'm sure the biting will go better eventually. That's why classes are for. If you can, tell him no when you see him do it. Don't be embarassed though, he's just being a puppy You will probably not learn that much there, but it's always useful to repeat commands with lots of distractions around.

I'm surprised they didn't start with sit, though.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Love my pets

Glad you first class went well. Keep us posted on his future classes.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:14 AM
Kelpiefied

Puppy classes are so much fun. I teach puppy classes and i will never get bored with it