Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Puppy Dog

Default ACD/Border collie cross

Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone has a ACD/Border collie cross. Mine's a 50/50 mix...still a young pup. Just wondering who else is out there and what their dogs are like! Thanks
Old 02-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Are you dead yet?

I get asked all the time if Eve is a BC/Cattledog cross (probably because of her spots and prick ears ) but nope, I don't.

I know a few though, and absolutely adore them.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:33 AM
BusterLove

We have a straight cross.
you really won't knwo whatthey will look like. Youd think an ACD/BC mix from working lines would be lean, tall and actually capable of working stock.
he has all the instinct, all the energy.. but the body would never allow him to work.

his name is Harry, his facial expressions looks so BC, he has a huge BC tail and floppy ears, but he got the ACD body on too short legs, ACD colour, gains weight from eating air I swear. Big barrel body. But he just looks so cuddly. Sometimes I think there is no way he has BC in him, but that tail has me convinced. (eventhough its about 4 times longer than it shoudl be for his body size)
he's the perfect example of how mixing breeds does not give you what you want. I imagine the aim was to get another working dog, he would never be able to do that, but he has so much instinct it isn't funny.

Thats him on the right.

And here is a couple of him (ignore the yellow eyes lol, he's a demon when he wants to be)

Old 02-14-2008, 04:58 AM
and Fozzie B!

My friend has an ACD x Border Collie, but she is 75% BC....

I think she COULD be an awesome dog, but in the home she is currently in, she's a rude, neurotic, demanding, mess. She is very intelligent and probably has a lot of drive, though.

I would definitely consider adopting a dog of this mix, if I came upon one. Of course, I would not go looking for a "breeder".

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 02-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Puppy Dog

Hi mrose s... our pup is still on the growing end, but right now she's lean and lanky. We didn't get her as a working dog...we got her from some folks that had an accidental breeding of two of their dogs...and I don't believe they were "working" dogs either. At 12 weeks, she's growing taller at this point, but not wider...we'll have to see how she turns out.
ihartgonzo, yep, ours is smart as a whip too, even at a young age...we're going to try to keep her manners in check!
Thanks for sharing your doggies!
Old 02-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Water Junkie

Is that her in your avatar? She's a cutie, I'd love to see more of her

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 02-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Puppy Dog

Thanks...yep, that's her. Please tell me how to attach pictures to a post reply...when I click on the picture icon, it's asking for a http address,,,how do I load them off my computer? (sorry, new to the forum)
Old 02-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Water Junkie

Go to http://www.photobucket.com then create an account. Then upload your photo and copy/paste the URL here

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 02-14-2008, 06:36 PM
and Spy.

Awww....

Puppies seem to always grow up first, then get wider/more built later.

I've seen a couple of these crosses. Obviously I wouldnt go looking for one but I would be happy to adopt one someday. Are you planning on doing any activities with her? All the ACD/BC mixes I have seen have all been quite drivey and successful sport dogs.

~Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:38 PM
BusterLove

Actually we also used to have a stumpy tailer cattle dog/ border collie straight cross.
The parents were both workign dogs aswell and people used to line up for ages around from a pup from these to (or so I hear) and my mum was friends with the guy and he gave her the pick of the litter.
She was quite old when I was born, mum said she should've given her to a working home because she needed a job so badly. Only wish we'd got her now, I couldve had so much fun with that dog.
She looked a lot more like a BC, quite lanky with cattle dog speckles on her chest and very head strong.

Just odd how different theycan all look.