Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Forum Help and Information

Old 02-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Just try me..

Dizzy>>the ads that show up are regional. I have noticed I get ones that are very location centric. I don't get the free i pods either.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Poodle

I had Firefox and despised it! I will try the other fixes to IE.

Thank you Baxter'smybaby for my great siggy!
Old 02-09-2008, 08:38 PM
tessa_s212

I installed it, but for some reason it isn't working.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:42 PM
not so newby

I use the AOL desktop and don't have any ads at all. I used to get the free ipod ones and the HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO one's, but not any more. I'm not sure what I did to stop the ads all together though.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:47 PM
feel the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassOnion View Post
Download Firefox and then get the AdBlock extension for it.

Hopefully this is the last thread we have to see about it.
You are a FREAKING GODSEND. THANK YOU.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:06 PM
aka RedHotBabe

It's really inconvenient when I try to sneak Safari open during class, and any time I make an attempt to visit Chazhound it starts talking to me, lol.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks, and Gig 'em.

Quote:
GO, I have IE7 pro.........free FAST download that works with XP or Vista! It has spell check and some other features included, but the best part of course is the ad blocking! LOL

I had adblock for awhile, and it worked good too.........but when it expired I didn't want to pay 20.00 for it, LOL
What are you talking about? Both Firefox and Adblock are free. I've never payed anything for either one of them (and they don't have my payment information so they haven't secretly billed anything).

And download speed doesn't matter which browser you have. Firefox has spell check, had tabs WAY before IE ever did, has an array of extensions (like MouseGestures, script blocking, etc), and it works for XP and Vista...and Linux too if you want to do that.

It's a far superior browser.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- 'WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!' " - Author Unknown
Old 02-10-2008, 08:01 AM
feel the magic

Quote:
What are you talking about? Both Firefox and Adblock are free. I've never payed anything for either one of them (and they don't have my payment information so they haven't secretly billed anything).

And download speed doesn't matter which browser you have. Firefox has spell check, had tabs WAY before IE ever did, has an array of extensions (like MouseGestures, script blocking, etc), and it works for XP and Vista...and Linux too if you want to do that.

I just wanted to say (and I'll probably start an OS war by saying this) that ANYTHING linux makes is FAR superior to anything Microsoft will EVER make. I know, off topic and a matter of opinion, but I tell you, I have had Linux on my computer for almost 2 years and I have NEVER EVER experienced my computer lock up and forced into a shut down. I'm not asked stupid taking-over-your-computer-questions. I have not had viruses or pop ups that freeze my computer. I LOVE LINUX.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:02 AM
feel the magic

I wanted to add: All of this "no virus" thing without ANY separate anti-virus program on my computer at all. I've never had to put Norton or Macaffee on my computer.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:24 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:

ACK! I just meant that the IE7pro was a tiny little add on download that was fast and easy to install. I wasn't talking about your OS or browser

This little add on has all the extensions too, mouse gestures, spell check, tabs, script blocking, inline search, privacy cleaner......blah blah blah.

And I had adblocker pro, which I guess is different than the one you are talking about......it was 20.00 after a month of trial. I do not use firefox, don't want or need another browser on my machine.

Kevin on the other hand has a couple different operating systems on his, he uses them depending on what he is going to be doing.........I think it's a waste of space for me as I don't game, and don't do much that's all that technical, hehehehe

Last edited by ACooper; 02-10-2008 at 08:34 AM.